Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Oh yes. My second one will sit for half a minute, then stand up (or scream if he’s buckled in). We have the best luck putting food at coffee table height, and letting him come back to grab his own refills. This is a little messy so best done outside. So different from my first kid, who would sit at his chair and attack the crap out of his food until it was gone (until he also got wiggly around age 3).

2 Likes

We’re the same way- meals and snacks are sit down and stay in one place events. If you get up, that means you’re done eating. Running around with food in your mouth is a big factor in a lot of toddler choking events, so I’m pretty strict on that factor. We also value/prioritize discreet eating times with breaks in between, grown ups too, and eating as a family and all that.

3 Likes

One of my students in Georgia was in the local news after doing the Heimlich on a classmate who was running in the halls while eating pretzels (after school). Both girls were around 12!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll note my mom had to use the Heimlich on me twice growing up :smiling_face_with_tear: I was probably 7 or 8 then like 13? I was an incredibly antsy child, and always kicking my feet and falling off the tall stool even when I was sitting down. So I’m very pro good chair good form etc.

Chest thrusts friggin HURT my dudes.

5 Likes

I wish I was asking for a friend. What can doctors even do for a toddler with a fever that’s lasted 3 days?

7 Likes

Figure out if it’s bacterial (and where) and needs antibiotics.

7 Likes

Well, they did nothing. Said come back if fever is still present on Friday. I made an appointment for Friday morning so I don’t have to stress about calling right away to get something.

8 Likes

Also the doctor tried removing some ear wax and scratched his ear canal instead and made it bleed so that was fun

5 Likes

I’ve had them up us to tylenol AND advil. I’ve had them threaten the child with IVs while pushing popsicles. I’ve had them do nothing.

They ask questions to rule bacteria in/out…

But hopefully it clears soon.

7 Likes

This is my experience with all fevers. Three days gets a shrug, 5 days starts to get noticed. (This is all assuming there are no signs of dehydration and the kid is relatively “normal” when the fever is controlled with meds. If kid was listless even after ibuprofen and/or not peeing enough I’m sure they would have cared a lot more).

8 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right! I should be reassured by this so that is my work to do. When he got his first ever fever I called the nurse line and they said they don’t bat an eye till it’s been 3 days so that’s what was in my memory. But he was much smaller then (<1).

7 Likes

This sounds hard! I wish there was a dumb mobile game we could play together to distract each other from FEAR.

6 Likes

Anxiety with friends?
Anxiety-dle?

7 Likes

No you’ve got it all wrong. It’s going to need to be the same color scheme as lisa frank but pastels because we are adults and EXTREMELY cute animals and it’s not competitive just collaborative and sometimes we kill men.

12 Likes

Anxiety Crossing?
Anxietydew Valley?

8 Likes

No! Patchwood Chronicles: The Blossom Battle Royale! The annual “Best Gardens” competition is approaching, and Patchwood needs to win to boost morale. Players must work together to plant rare and beautiful flowers, design unique garden layouts, and fend off pesky garden pests. As they prepare, they encounter two key NPCs: Primrose Petal, a boastful gardener from Blossomville who constantly brags about her perfect garden, and Gideon Grub, a mischievous rival who secretly sabotages Patchwood’s efforts by releasing garden pests. Along the way, players uncover the secrets of a long-lost enchanted plant that could secure their victory and teach Primrose a lesson in humility.

Thank you chat gpt.

7 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Perfect. I’ll be the bug.

5 Likes

Ok. Make it happen.

Developing a video game app involves several steps:

1. Conceptualize: Come up with an idea for your game, including gameplay mechanics, genre, and features.
  2. Design: Create a written concept, characters, storyboards, and user interface designs.
  3. Choose a platform: Decide which mobile platform (iOS, Android, or both) and game engine (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.) to use.
  4. Develop: Write code, create assets, and build the game using your chosen tools.
  5. Test: Test and debug the game for bugs, performance, and user experience.
  6. Publish: Submit the game to app stores (App Store, Google Play) and market it to potential players.

Additionally, consider:

• Programming languages: Familiarize yourself with languages like Java, Swift, or C#.
  • Game development frameworks: Use tools like Unity, Unreal Engine, or Godot.
  • Graphics design: Create visually appealing assets using software like Adobe Photoshop.
  • Sound design: Add music, sound effects, and voiceovers to enhance the game’s audio.
  • Project management: Use tools like Trello or Asana to organize tasks and collaborate with team members.

Remember, game development can be complex and time-consuming. Consider starting small and learning as you go!

6 Likes