Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Does bubble bath wash my kids? Or do I also need to use soap and like scrub them?

4 Likes

Eh I think bubblebath is soap so its fine. Especially if the bathing is enthusiastic enough.

4 Likes

Sure. If they’re muddy then maybe a prewash first so the bubble bath doesn’t become a mud-bubble bath, but otherwise it seems fine.

3 Likes

Be sure it gets into the pits and behind the ears (stinky spots that won’t get washed passively).

4 Likes

What is your most used size of diaper?

Two of my coworkers are having babies. I don’t really know them well but they both have diapers on their registries, so I figured I would get them each a box of diapers but want them to be the most helpful so don’t want to give them like newborn ones if that is what most people give at showers.

6 Likes

This is so annoying, but truly depends on the baby! Size, weight/height distribution, force of poops (ask me how I know). I say get a size 1 in case they have a giant newborn and give them the gift receipt, in case they end up not liking that brand (which I know they requested but sometimes people guess wrong).

9 Likes

Thank you! Target orders being placed!

6 Likes

Yes, I’m pretty sure all babies go through size 1 at some point+unless they switched to cloth but I assume that’s not the plan if they are on the registry!

We started with premium, then NB and then finally size 1 but a friend’s baby was in size 1 almost immediately.

7 Likes

Haha Latte was size 1 in the hospital. They had to run to PICU to get a pack :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

3 3 not 33. Just 3.

ETA - newborn and one you usually blow through fast. In my mum circle you can get anywhere from a 4 month old to a 5 year old secured in a size three. And for only overnight diapering both my very different sized kids stayed a three forever.

9 Likes

You have to scrub twice a month. I like to soap or use bubble bath weekly, the rest water is fine. Also wipe their mouths a hundred times a day.

Sometimes I wonder when they are supposed to learn how to clean themselves and if I am raising those men on reddit whose girlfriends are like
R/relationships/aita/aitah
My (28f) fiance (29.65 m) doesn’t clean himself. I kind of knew for the past 6 years that he only ever rinsed, but now we are getting married in 6 days and I think I might dump him because he needs to actually scrub his bits. AITAH for wanting him to adult?

14 Likes

cosign; my 15-month-old has been in size 3 for waaaay longer than any other size.

3 Likes

It’s been a lot of years, but I am pretty sure J1 spent more than a year in size three’s, and J2 was slightly less time but not by a lot - ie probably nine months or so.

3 Likes

Mine definitely go to town soaping themselves up. And cleaning all the relevant bits. They don’t seem to stink.

Also, potentially a self correcting problem after like puberty when the potential for someone interacting with said bits ensures they are well cleaned.

7 Likes

Enough guys apparently have trouble with this or think wiping your own ass is gay* that I have been seeing extra large baby wipes marketed as Dude Wipes. Actual product.

*And therefore to be avoided as their masculinity is fragile.

8 Likes

Wild. Also I’d say not recommended by your plumber.

Anyway, i apologise for derailing this fine thread. Wash your bits people. I can’t stress that enough.

10 Likes

SirB uses these to wipe down after fire scenes before driving home. Although the “hero wipes” hold up better than the dude wipes brand. The hero wipes one were made by a fire department guy. Handy product for the right people! Baby wipes shred for the use, he tried that first though.

6 Likes

Even the ones that say flushable! It’s a lie!

9 Likes

Timely. Luna is in size 2 but sleeps on her front and pees through her diaper and clothes and sleep sack every night, even with middle of the night changes. ILs had bought us size 3 over nights a while back. So now she’s in size 3 overnights and 2s during the day. Still pees through sometimes but less severely.

6 Likes

Is there enough peeing through that Sposies diaper boosters would be handy? Saved us when Spore was drinking 18-24oz of milk right before bedtime.

2 Likes