Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Lmao

3 Likes

That’s the one I used for in the sink.

1 Like

I have this one. I think it’s all going to be trial and error. We have a divided sink so I’m not sure…

So true about everything forever. Or maybe it’s just me. Sigh.

FWIW we did the shower thing with one kid and then finally moved to baby tub inside big tub (with Dh doing it because I can’t get down there with my back), and then baby suction seat in regular large tub. With second kid it was baby tub inside big tub from the get-go, with the other one in the main part. Too much water and it floats, so watch out for that. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

My requirement for cleaning babies and toddlers is “how easy is it to deal with when they shit while I’m cleaning them?”

8 Likes

The WORST was when we had loaded up the bathtub with 4 cousins, all ages 1-3, and BB shat in the tub.

5 Likes

What all in one rainsuits do you have? Costco doesn’t have cloudveil anymore :smiling_face_with_tear: (I al getting one size on Amazon but they sold out of the other)

2 Likes

I got this one for the girls, on @Bracken_Joy 's advice. I got a 2T and a 3T and B is wearing size 5T clothing now but still fitting in the 3T rainsuit. https://a.co/d/3KoTcQP

2 Likes

Yes! And this is what a lot of people at forest s school use even. She finally killed the water proofing so we got Nikwax (no PFCs) to re-up it. It lasted a lot of hard hard use.

2 Likes

I had that in my cart… but there was weird random shipping fees (on a $200 cart). Hmmmmm. Might still be worth it

@Bracken_Joy thanks for suggesting nik wax, I use that for adult stuff

2 Likes

That’s odd.

2 Likes

I cannot account for Canadian Amazon :grimacing: seems like they do a lot of weirdness.

1 Like

I think it is when Amazon doesn’t have stuff at their warehouse. I might sit on it a few weeks. L is wearing last year’s 3T, which should fit till summer. We could just show some more rainboot.

1 Like

I was going to drop the brand I found at a secondhand store, but apparently it’s a UK brand. If anyone UK-based wants an option, I guess: Original All in Ones – Drykids

No idea how it ended up local to me in that case, but it’s been a hit with the snow melt puddles this year.

2 Likes

I love it! Probably via relatives?

Tuffo muddy buddy is available from west coast kids at the same price as Amazon, and if the baby suit I ordered is comically big I can get 2 and free shipping. If not I either get someone a gift or wait for a promo. If we go to the outlet mall I can check mountain warehouse (hate their online prices, in-store they always have deals. But I want the reinforced knees for B because he is still mostly crawling.

I may also re-check once upon a child, but all of this child-having makes me really want to open a good used online kids clothes store.

3 Likes

That’s where I found it!

1 Like

Any suggestions for dealing with night terrors?

Our 4 year old has woken up 3 times in the last week and a half just screaming and flailing, and not wanting to be touched or talked to or looked at. She goes back to sleep eventually, but she just wants to be alone while it’s happening, and I’m having a lot of trouble with that.

Last night we woke her up all the way, and it took forever to get her to go back to bed. My mom was visiting, and came in with a Praise and Worship song on her phone and sang Jesus loves me (we are not particularly religious and our kids really don’t know anything about churchy things).

This morning, when asked about why she was crying, our kid said “Jesus comes from nightmares” :grimacing: My poor husband, fielding my mom being low-key offended. I’m sure she just associated the song with being scared after waking up, but we were not expecting that, haha.

12 Likes

Ok hilarious accidental association aside, night terrors just suck. They aren’t the same as nightmares in ways that made them so much harder for us to handle than nightmares too. At least in our case they were short lived - I can’t give specifics since I didnt record it but it was something like a month or two, with a peak of frequency and then trailing off? Didnt stop perfectly suddenly but that happens too.

6 Likes

Has anyone watched “the parent test” on Hulu?? They discuss many different parenting styles and their pros and cons. It’s been fun to watch with Mr. Ninja to talk about what we want our style to be and what we want to take from each one.

3 Likes

It’s been recommended to me and we don’t have Hulu haha but good reminder!