Queer baby-making

I haaaaate softcups so much. They’re my least favourite part of the whole process.

I used to use them for periods in university. I guess that I should throw one inside myself and see how I feel/if I remember how to use one?

I hate periods

I panic that it’s going to get stuck there forever and I’ll spend my life looking like I had sex with a Dalek that went horribly wrong.

I…appreciate that this is a very specific fear.

9 Likes

Maybe that’s why my parents were arguing about “science babies” when I came out to them? Some kind of Dalek related fear?

2 Likes

That is exactly what it will be, yes.

1 Like

This made my day. Thank you.

1 Like

Huh. I didn’t use softcups at all, just didn’t get up for a long time afterward. But I realize that I had almost infinite flexibility to try again the next month and it didn’t cost me anything. So I guess it’s probably better to use them even if you hate them.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaagh!
Current plan - no softcups the first time. Maybe the second. Also get my entire life figured out in 24 hours.

At least I don’t have to watch YouTube videos about cryogenics and thawing this round

5 Likes

Obviously after deep contemplation I chose not to go with illegal known donor sperm. I’m a law follower and would not make that kind of illegal and reckless reproductive decision.

Overall, almost doing it taught me a lot. If someone were doing this somewhere legal, I would support that choice. Because I found it very easy to weed out the decent humans from the sketchy, and exchanging sti reports gives you good information (both the safety-as much as you can get, and their contact info in case something goes south).

Going through the preliminary stages and meeting people doing this makes me wish I’d looked into it sooner, because then I could donate or be a surrogate. As it stands, I’ll age out of those options–a huge problem when people are delaying having families.

6 Likes

Queer single mama baby is pretty much cooked.

I learned that when you apply for mat leave ei asks a very pointed question about second parents. First step it asks for their name and SIN. If you can’t, you get another step asking you to choose between promising to fill that in later, or declaring that you are unable to provide that.

Intriguingly when you register the birth, you can register with any number from 1-4 parents which is cool

14 Likes