Pregnancy is weird

By some counts I’m in 2nd trimester (13 weeks which is closer to 1/3 of 49 than 14 weeks so I made an executive decision). I never got this far and I’m in that place where 1st tri symptoms are gone (what little I had) but I can’t feel the baby move yet so it’s kinda like… You actually in there bub?

Right now I’m just constantly hungry, but I’ve had that randomly in non-pregnancy before too so it still doesn’t feel real.

Currently waiting on the NIPT results which we should get within another week, then an appointment on the 13th where I suspect we’ll at least get a heartbeat but I don’t think we’re slated for an ultrasound then.

High temptation to get a private ultrasound just to confirm reality again.

8 Likes

Maybe?

Also - in regards to my mood -

food

I was crabby this morning and then I got a small decaf mocha with almond milk and now I’m in a much better mood. I think I need to work on my diet to carefully allow a little more sugar in within GD guidelines because the crabbiness is likely due to the food restrictions.

6 Likes

Got the call from the doctor with good bloodwork news! Ultrasound will be scheduled around 2/16.

Beta

Beta was 601, so more than double from Wednesday’s number. Good job little embryo!

18 Likes

Had my scan today. There’s a baby in there! Measuring right on track and a heart rate if 129. (Latte’s was 125 at the same point). We go back again in 3 weeks, then on to the OB!

26 Likes

Amazing news! So happy for you guys.

5 Likes

The dear incompetent and fumbling scheduler for the clinic the OB I want to try was amazed I knew my due date offhand. My friend. Do not underestimate an IVF patient :kissing_heart: of course I know the exact dates of everything.

(Seriously thought it took literally 30 min to make an appointment. That was painful)

12 Likes

Probably not more painful than labor :joy: but that does sound ridiculously painful. Congrats on the good numbers and good scan!

3 Likes

For my fellow IVFers, I’ve been starving all week. Do you know if it’s the supplemental hormones or the hormones my body is making?

I tend to lose my appetite when stressed, so my wife thinks I’m just relieved and happy, which also seems not impossible.

8 Likes

Being starving is one of my key early pregnancy symptoms. Not med related. Latte I was on no support meds, Tea Leaf I was.

4 Likes

SO MUCH GOOD NEWS TODAY! GOOD JOB TINY EMBRYOS!

6 Likes

Look at how she’s grown :joy:

20 Likes

Grow Luna grow!

2 Likes

My tatas are starting to produce the pre-birth milk. SO WILD

6 Likes

It is so wild! Mine started at a very early point, like around 22 weeks the first time around. I was constantly leaking through my bras! It was so strange! The second time around I was nursing almost until giving birth anyway.

3 Likes

It sounds like waxing during pregnancy is fine, right? My very cooperative wife waxes my ‘stash for me, and I’m about due. Every professional waxer I’ve seen asks about pregnancy, but internet says it’s OK?

3 Likes

I think it’s fine! I’ve been getting brazilians just like normal. But I’m not a doctor and all of that.

My google searches told me it was fine, my waxer told me it was fine and I didn’t look too much further than that.

2 Likes

Perfect, that’s enough for me! Thanks.

2 Likes

Totally fine! You can have more pain and skin sensitivity, so pros often won’t brazillian a novice, and some regular waxees find it is worse than normal and take a break.

I love waxing during pregnancy cause I have no energy and would rather lie there in pain than do work

6 Likes

I feel this on a personal level….plus things are harder to reach and see with a belly in the way. It really is a health hazard and I’m just protecting myself? Keeping sharp objects away from the child seems like good advice for the next 7 years or so. Starting now is just good parenting practice?

TMI? Lol

7 Likes

We got good news today.

I’m not a carrier for any tested genetic issues.

Our baby is low risk for chromosomal anomalies.

And…

We’re team girl!

Greyman cried happy tears and then had a panic attack as it all abruptly became real for him.

24 Likes