Pregnancy is weird

I definitely craved sweets and fruity flavors! And then post-pregnancy I was like, why do I have all this raspberry zinger tea :laughing:?

5 Likes

I’m nauseous and my head hurts. Is this pregnancy? The Covid booster I got yesterday? Or the $$$ bathroom quotes we just got?

:woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Had a super early appointment today. Blood tests and scheduling for a first early ultrasound the 20th. So that’s gonna make the week of Solstice & Christmas hopefully awesome and hopefully not super shitty.

Also despite my insistence on my ovulation date they counted from my first date of my last period. Which was exactly a month ago. Which somehow puts me at four weeks exactly according to their “wheel”, even though that was four weeks and two days ago, and I’m counting earlier ovulation so we have nearly a week difference in our guesses. The confusion over how this math is supposed to be mathing makes my brain hurt.

6 Likes

My nurse (for the in person appointment) after emphasizing she had just reviewed my chart and reiterating my medical history was insistent that “according to what I told her”, based on my last period, my EDD was June. And I’m like ma’am, respectfully, did we not just talk about PCOS and irregular menses? And then still wouldn’t believe I knew the ovulation/conception date within a day or two?

Listening is not a strong suit of the US medical system. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: For your micro human!

5 Likes

Party of the early ultrasound is measuring and being a new EDD based on the size, so you still (should) end up with an EDD based on that anyway.

As long as it’s not weeks out (which it may be for someone like Galliver with irregularity) then, well, babies come when they’re ready and it’s just a double check for later like if you want to opt to be induced at 39 weeks, to know when that milestone is reached

4 Likes

Yep. Arguing dates mainly matters for beta interpretation and scheduling the ultrasound. Otherwise they just go by fetal dating.

3 Likes

I feel like I’m opening up and advent calendar but instead of candy or a toy or jewelry, I get a new symptom.

Yesterday it was a surprise two hour nap, today it’s sensitive nipples.

5 Likes

For the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, TWO HOURS NAPPING

7 Likes

That was me last Christmas. Just plopping right down on any handy surface and staying down!

2 Likes

BEST GIFT EVER.

3 Likes

And a ni-ii-pple sensitive to a light breeze. (It worked in my head okay! Lol)

5 Likes

100% works in my head too :joy:

4 Likes
TW anxiety

I spotted like 2 drops and am now freaking out.

Douchebag brain.

Anxiety is a harsh mistress. :face_exhaling:

Cat tax for mood lift:

8 Likes

PS cats are allowed in the pregnancy thread, yeah? I did not commit a faux paws?

PPS …and what about puns?

7 Likes

Definitely allowed. Both of them.

Sorry for the worries. It is very, very common but I know that doesn’t make the worry go away :heart:

2 Likes

Are stories of I’ve-been-there-it’s-fine helpful? Ignore if no. I sought them out when I was worried.

Summary

I bled 4 times, like call-CSI-something-terrible-happened-in-this-bathroom levels of bleeding, and cuckoo is obviously fine. I had to wear overnight pads to work for several weeks because I was afraid of it happening again!

I also had bleeding (much less, but I didn’t know then what it could be) with LB, who is also fine.

When is your next scan?

2 Likes

It’s on Monday.

Summary

Thanks :blush: I do know that even bad bleeding sometimes happens and it’s nothing serious and this is first tri pink or brown spotting with mild cramps which everywhere says like IT’S FINE.

It also might be Placenta Installation Week based on what I’m reading, which can also trigger it? And I also know even if it is a MC that it is probably genetics and nothing I can do or could have done. I’m also thinking if it was one it would be more aggressive than occasional mild spotting over 24 hrs. Don’t tell me if that’s false.

I also know that we are moving this weekend and my body has on numerous occasions proven it is a troll. So it is probably trolling extra hard right now. But it’s a bad time to take it easy (I am trying…)

Buuut it’s hard not to worry. Monday is far away.

6 Likes
Summary

Also your cervix is extra sensitive and so like it can just decide to bleed because you had sex. Or rode a bike. Or pooped too hard.

3 Likes

I had a thought earlier today that pregnancy (at least, for me, so far) is less about always feeling a bit worse than normal, it’s more like reduced dynamic range. I’ll wake up fine but be dead tired by 8pm. Hunger progresses to hanger and hunger nausea in the time it takes to cook a meal. People become annoying much faster than before. Just less tolerance all around.

Guess it isn’t surprising that moving super took out of me…

7 Likes

Moving would have been so har, and you made it! Proud of you!

1 Like