Pregnancy is weird

Yay! When I was pregnant with B I was also getting monthly PRP injections in my knee. My reward for getting the injections was getting to eat sushi afterward!

3 Likes

Hi a very quick ramble on best practice for nausea in pregnancy by someone who spent waaaay too long reading through the hyperemesis.org website

Summary

This text will be hidden

Check but you should be able to take BOTH do NOT suddenly switch for nausea in pregnancy the best practice is to ADD medications and not remove unless you have side effects from diclegis in which case please try a taper and when you start feeling fine on meds do NOT stop you wait 2 weeks of feeling awesome and then drop the amount a bit

Oh and with zofran consider discussing with your medical team an option for constipation management.

Slides soapbox away

7 Likes

And Heck YES to mexico and sushi! Yum!

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s the difference between I’m uncomfortable and can’t get very much done nausea, vs. threatening to health and can’t keep anything down nausea? But I’ll ask!

Also edit, bc I think I’m being overly dramatic and making it sound worse than it is: I haven’t thrown up once, and even though I’m eating weird stuff, I’m eating enough and drinking water. I just have a level of nausea that makes it hard to do things around the house, work out, walk the dog, and sometimes focus at work. I think someone else in my position would choose to not take meds at all and be fine, I would just like to maintain more of a normal life if drugs will let me

Oh, and I’m home alone for like… 20 days this trimester? So part of it is that I have to function well enough to keep Louie alive on my own.

5 Likes

Oh all that is fine, I didnt think you had HG, you don’t actually have to have HG levels of nausea for this to still be best practice! But yeah the goal is for you to feel as close to 100% normal as possible. I took meds and some days felt completely normal and kept taking medication because the goal was to feel that good if possible, rather than “oh well i only feel a little crappy so I’ll stop taking” - naaaaaah if meds make it so you feel as good as the not pregnant person, moar meds is just fine!

HG groups call this “feeling fluffy” and I am absolutely curious as to who the hell came up with that :joy:

5 Likes

Ok good! And, thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

2 Likes

I’m feeling nervous that I looked more pregnant 2 weeks ago and in various previous bump pics than now.

2 weeks ago

1 week ago

This morning

Ew dirty mirror

1 Like

Those are different outfits and angles!

6 Likes

My doula also said I likely had more bloating in earlier weeks. Which to be fair a lot of the roundness was in my upper belly, where my stomach is, not where baby is anywhere near!

2 Likes

Bloat bloat bloat! Esp when you’re carrying bigger early, it’s a wild ride. Not to mention, how much gas, how constipated, morning is often a smaller carry than night, etc. It can be all over the place.

6 Likes

I’ve been pooping a lot the last few days so I’m sure a bunch has exited the abdomen lately :joy:

4 Likes

I just have to say I LOVE having a doula who I can text and be like “hey, is this a call the doctor thing or nah?” And basically get an immediate response unless she’s attending a birth.

1 Like

Also I feel like someone has been punching my pubic bone. It legit feels bruised.

2 Likes

Laughing at myself now because holy moly the difference a couple hours and a meal makes.

Summary

4 Likes

Not to concern you because there’s not really anything you can do about it but it could be bruised.

3 Likes

Today in Pregnancy is Weird: am I a vegetarian now?! I’ve realized that I can better manage my food aversions if I just avoid meat, fish, and cheese. I don’t recognize myself!

I had a strong “if I don’t eat Thai food right now I WILL vomit” feeling, so I ordered a tofu eggplant dish that was perfect. Yum yum yum

If this kid grows up to be a vegan, we can all say we saw it coming.

10 Likes

I was NOT into meat when I was pregnant. Which is weird because that’s all I want when I have my period. Kinda expected some similarities ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

Oh my godddd same. I demanded Thai food practically every day in 1st tri. I learned to make drunken noodles because I NEEDED IT.

I mostly do not eat meat lately. We’ll often plan to have burgers or something with chicken or steak and the meal gets in front of me and I’m like ehhhh I’m eating the sides.

4 Likes

Have you tried hot and sour soup? Suddenly you will be waiting outside restaurants at 1059 waiting for emergency soup

5 Likes

The weirdest craving I had was for something hot and cold at the same time.

Nachos with sour cream was the answer.

8 Likes