OOTD: Share Your Looks!

I really like the touch of brown added by K2.

4 Likes

Even from a silhouette standpoint K2 stood out to me as my favorite! I agree!

2 Likes

Not a fan of the black tights, but I like shoes K2 best.

Re: tights - maybe it’s the size of the print of the dress, or the busy-ness of the pattern?

2 Likes

Alternative dress?

10 Likes

I hate clothing

Winter is a much better season

5 Likes

This is my favorite outfit but seems more casual than business-casual, if that is what you were going for. I think different shoes would dress it up more. Both dresses look dressier to me (no pun intended :joy: ) and the 2nd dress looks like it fits you a little better.

6 Likes

I like the second alternative dress the most! For the first dress I like the Operetta or Presleys.

2 Likes

Ok I’m in transit in 3rd outfit with wearevers because they are the easiest heel to walk in

I should have planned yesterday and actually put on the clothes. My bedroom looks like the movie scenes, only with everything inside out

I tried on 2 dresses, 3 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and 4 jackets and still look like I’m not trying (not in the effortless not trying)

6 Likes

I went through this trying to find an appropriate but comfortable outfit for MIL’s funeral. It’s awful, and for me the indecision builds as I try more things.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter.

4 Likes

I’m gonna need this dress. Yoink

4 Likes

They are currently on hiatus after closing their brick and mortar shop.

Almost all my dresses are from them.

3 Likes

Todays outfit. I think the sweater makes it look sloppier than without, but I was cooks :woman_shrugging: I got these pants shopping with @Bernadette and it’s my first time wearing them! They are super comfortable.

11 Likes

Love these colors—good late summer early fall palette! Re: the sweater, do you think you prefer more tailored pieces vs more casual shapes/lines?

4 Likes

I think so. Like, the whole purpose of tucking in the shirt is to define the waist, but then when I throw a long cardigan over top it just turns me into a blob anyway? For some reason a long sweater doesn’t seem as professional as a blazer, so that perception is probably bleeding over too. Overall I thought I looked nice and I was comfortable even if I didn’t look super put together.

4 Likes

I think the tuck in still gives you the horizontal lines that move closer to the 1:2 ratio instead of 1:1, even if it doesn’t define your waist any more.

2 Likes

FWIW I think you looked great!! My question was due to thinking back over outfits you seemed more excited about and I think they tended to be more traditional office silhouettes, so tailored jackets, tighter knits. BUT you’re very good at prints and more modern color schemes than traditional grey/navy/black workwear. Just something I’ve noticed!!

5 Likes

This is me. I am a jacket/blazer lady and def not a cozy sweater lady. I think because my frame is small I just look like laundry if I wear a big sweater? It’s like, “hey that little kid got into mom’s sweaters!” :laughing: not like “oh what a cool effortless boho look” which is how I always think it will look but never does. Blazers and jackets alllll the way though.

8 Likes

I think this is similar to why I gravitate to the structures items too.

Today I’m wearing a sweater and it has some draping to it, but it still feels structured because of the way it’s cut. I’ve never found a sweater that I like as much as this one from stitch fix. It is extremely soft and it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a big bag. I have it in 2 colors! It’s thin enough that I think I could wear a blazer over top too.

11 Likes

Oh yes, this is much more body-skimming. The drape doesn’t make me think “slouchy” at all. You’re just not boho-chic, and that is OK :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’d totally wear a sweater like that! You could def wear a jacket with it.

2 Likes