OMD Walking Club 2024

I’ve seen several people on the forum, including me, who want to add or change a walking habit for mental or physical health. I know we also have people who habitually walk a lot and are an inspiration!

Join me for more walks in 2024, whatever that means to you!

17 Likes

We kicked off the new year by doing an hour at a park near my parents’ house yesterday. I sprained my ankle before Christmas and it’s still achey and I still limp a bit because tendons take forever to heal :frowning: But it seems like it’s time to start working on it a little.

I think my goal for this week is to get at least a 10 min walk in every day but tomorrow (when we’re driving back all day). Including tomorrow as a stretch goal.

17 Likes

I’m a lot a walker! Been so so good for my brain. Here to cheer everyone on, share pics, etc.

ETA this also works well with my goal to get the baby out every day it’s safe this year, since she’s not a walker so most of those outings will be via mommy carry lol.

11 Likes

Went to a wildlife refuge yesterday and saw some awesome fungus. IDing plants, animals, fungi has been a very fun addition to walks.

15 Likes

I took a walk yesterday (~ 30 minutes), then walked today while my tires were getting replaced (~ 30 minutes). I love the “multi-tasking” efficiency (though Others were doing the service work).

Cold but OK when properly attired, I am not always good about that aspect.

9 Likes

I went for a walk in the forest yesterday and found that someone had put up a few ornaments along the trail :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

That’s my fav thing in the winter here

12 Likes

I really want to join because I love a good walk but the amount of time I can walk is quite restricted. So maybe I’ll join the thread for inspiration and cheerleading and hopefully in the meantime I will come up with creative ways to convince my child to leave the house more :crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

I don’t think there is a minimum. Step 1 might be going on the porch for 2 mins. Or 1 min. Heck I have some days when “put on outside-appropriate clothes” is an obstacle in itself.

8 Likes

Definitely in for walking in 2024 (it’s even on my BINGO :slight_smile: ), but since most of my walking is on the treadmill while I’m working, no guarantee of pretty pictures.

3 Likes

Yeah my boy struggles with leaving the house regularly and I have found myself looking longingly out the window. What I need to be doing is taking my bum outside and looking at the sky from the patio for a bit. Maybe I can record the days I was outside for at least 3 minutes or something.

Although we’ve had a run of grey AF weather and it makes me irrationally annoyed. I need a mindset transplant there I think.

3 Likes

Yay walking! I don’t have a ton of time for long walks, but I have an under-desk treadmill for walking during the workday now. So far today I have walked for 45 minutes. I don’t get to take pretty pictures doing this walking now, unless you all wan to see screen shots :joy:

7 Likes

Babies are such slackers aren’t they.

I’m in! Somehow. Not sure exactly how yet.

8 Likes

My goal is to do 100 miles on the treadmill this year but that’ll have to wait until next week when I’m over the flu.

8 Likes

This is when my walking habit gets messed up because it’s dark and cold and icy. So community would be helpful support at this point.

7 Likes

Hello! Inveterate walker over here and so very happy to cheer people on.

3 Likes

HERE WE GO.

It’s time, smidge.

13 Likes

I admit, part of my motivation for this group and working on this habit is to do it while pregnant and with a Small Human. I want to go for a hike by 3mos and camping by 9 mos and that won’t happen if we aren’t doing it ourselves!

13 Likes

That was very windy. However, it allowed me to avoid some of the noise associated with swapping our microwave and I got it done during a break in the rain, so it’s a win. Smidge napped the whole time. I set quite a pace, esp when I was under some trees of questionable structural integrity for strong wind gusts. Loving that fancy wind and water proof fleece lined baby wearing cover that Bonus Grandma got for Smidge for Christmas.

7 Likes

Here! My goal is 8000 steps a day which is doable with some (but not a ton) of intention. This is peak walking weather in SoCal so I really need to get myself out there.

8 Likes