OMD Radio: Share Music Recs!

My mom’s voice has the same range as Mary Chapin Carpenter–“He Thinks He’ll Keep Her” and “Passionate Kisses” are perfect songs imo.

I love Down at the Twist and Shout. I think that’s my favorite song by her. Conway’s Slow Hand and Lay You Down are favorites as well. I still remember swaying back and forth in front of the old floor model tv to the music video for Tracy Lawrence’s Texas Tornado. Old Flame and Forty Hour Week by Alabama, Why’d You Come in Here Lookin’ Like That by Dolly, and John Deere Green by Joe Diffie are regulars on my playlists.

1 Like

And how the fuck did I forget George Strait? Shame, shame on me.

1 Like

Haha I didn’t even mention Emmylou Harris or Dolly because I figured those were givens :laughing:

2 Likes

Ooh that song they did with Linda Ronstadt ‘Memories’ I think it’s called. So good. How do you feel about Ricky Skaggs? Uncle Pen is one of my faves as well. And Patty Loveless’ cover of You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive gives me chills.

1 Like

Man I feel like we could do this all day lol.

1 Like

I think so!!! That’s why I made this thread! Lol

1 Like

Hunkering down in here. I don’t have many good recs right now but I do need some new music.

1 Like

Latte would like to recommend the following:

And the OG fave:
5 Likes

I saw Thelma Plum live on Saturday night, so I’ve been listening to a lot of her

2 Likes

Oooo this name is new to me!! Love her voice!

1 Like

H.E.R. just released a new album, so that’s fun for me.

2 Likes

If you list a few artists you enjoy, I could try to give you a list of personalized recs! I love doing it.

2 Likes

Not a specific artist, but I like my Pandora Skyrim station that has a bunch of background music type stuff on it. It’s literally made to be background music for video games so it’s good background music for work. It has music from The Last of Us (video game), Assassin’s Creed (video game), and also Lindsey Stirling mixed in there.

If you haven’t come across Lindsey Stirling yet, she has a mix of violin and electronic dance.

3 Likes

I listen to soundtracks all the time while working! Mostly movies. Some of my favorites are Stardew Valley, Arrival (actually anything by Johann Johannsson, RIP), and a playlist I made for older movies called Late Night TCM Binge lol.

Stardew Valley:
Spotify
Youtube

Arrival:
Spotify
Youtube

1 Like

I love “Roundtable Rival” so much.

2 Likes

Oh I haven’t thought about Lindsey Sterling in ages. Time to cast it and watch my husband haha.

3 Likes

This rainy morning I’m enjoying Off Off On by This Is The Kit, a new to me artist. RIYL Laura Marling or Jose Gonzalez. Lovely acoustic string arrangements, beautiful folk vocals.

Spotify:

Youtube:

2 Likes

Oooh, I’m digging this. Thank you!

1 Like

Finally digging into the new Ratboys album. They’re local to Chicago. Very fun punk DIY group. Good lyrics. Hoping to catch them live sometime soon. RIYL illuminati hotties, Adult Mom, Charly Bliss.

Spotify:

Bandcamp: