This week, the OMD forums celebrate their 1 year bday. Thank you all for being here over the year and making this place a really wonderful, accessible, diverse community of folks that like to talk about knitting, dogs, cats, plants and…sometimes finances.
I am so grateful to:
- literally every single person who makes this a ~nice~ place on the internet to talk openly about finances
- @aaronpk for fixing the servers whenever things go wonky
- The Purrsonal Finance Society members that pay all our server costs and keep us going (and make it so I don’t need to put gross spammy video ads up)
- @rural and @AmandaS1989 and @AnnAnn and @Bracken_Joy and @Elle and @lhamo and @Pbkmaine and @Oro and @MonkeyJenga for being some of the first people to brave the wilds of these forums and make them an inviting place
- @Able_Jack and @ThreeOfWands for setting up the most entertaining wordsmithing rivalry since Keats vs. Byron
- @Smacky for doing the delightful badge distribution and general cheering on in our monthly challenges
- ALL the amazing bingo prizes people offered for the 24 in 2020 Bingo Challenge
- the aussies and kiwis who keep us going with pictures of sunshine in our north hemisphere winter and posts from the future
- the fact that the average amount of time a spam posts lasts before getting flagged is less than 3 mins
- our most “liked” topic is the Share Your Pets thread
Fun facts: forum users span the globe so much the forums only have ~3 hours a week where traffic is low enough to deploy upgrades and do maintenance.
We really like the like button, our average s per month is 46,000.
Here is our pageviews over the past year in case you’re into it (we average about ~220K per month)
If you’ve been around since the beginning, you will be getting your Anniversary badge this week! (it is granted automagically, no need to ask for it!)
If you want to share, I’d love to hear your fav OMD-forum-related memory of the past year.