No-Buy Curious

This reminds me of when I come back to reading for the first time in a little while and my brain is still itching to scroll. But soon I’m back in the groove again and don’t even think about grabbing my phone instead!

6 Likes

I was tempted by some Old Navy clothes recently, but they were just cropped black sweatpants. I realized that I can basically find those whenever I want, and I don’t need new sweatpants right now. Plenty of old ones still fit!

7 Likes

Yes! I think I will buy a serger to up my sewing game. So… clothing related!

3 Likes

I am here to note that I am fucking loving Kimberley Clark’s videos. Bringing me life.

ETA: Also finally got Marie Kondo out from the library hahahahahaha

Doing well on not acquiring craft or tea items. Or books actually, thank you again library…

7 Likes

The real MVP of the No Buy!

5 Likes

The library got me. (Seriously, our local library has an amazing selection.)

2 Likes

Does using my library to get free tickets to the nature museum and the children’s museum count!?

You can only do these for free 1x/year but I think if we get Mr. Ninja a library card we might be able to do the passes 2x/year!

Or maybe I can do it through another library district near me?

TBD but it was nice to plan for free! Check out your local libraries folks, so many great resources.

12 Likes

Yeah dude! 100% counts!!

3 Likes

Y’all, I started reading Marie Kondo.

… is this worth another thread?

7 Likes

It’s a good book actually, isn’t it?

2 Likes

At least, what I remember from like 2015

1 Like

It really is. I knew about the psychological/spiritual components to the method because of the circles I run in, but it’s very good to read them.

4 Likes

The whole thing also has a gentle vibe that I think is missing in a lot of American Decluttering media

6 Likes

It’s both very strict and very kind and understanding.

4 Likes

“There are rules but following them is being nice to yourself” is my preferred teacher lol

Thread away! But also I don’t mind you co-opting this one at all

6 Likes

y’all my friend called me today to see if i wanted to go to sephora. i was a little tempted by one item (the fenty highlighter :smiling_face_with_tear:) but i didn’t buy anything. i did get some samples of foundations to try and i got my birthday gift from them but that was all free.

then my friend took me to the bakery and got me a paczki so all the money i spent today was for my monthly tank of gas. :muscle: :raised_hands:

13 Likes

samples are a great idea to get a quick hit of that “new thing” feeling!

5 Likes

yeah! the gals working there were so nice and helped me find the specific products and shades to try. but i’m not lacking anything at the moment, so if one of them is a wow, it can go on the list with the fenty highlighter.

i was chatting about indie eyeshadows with one of the sephora helpers, and she suggested trying them as highlighters. genius!!

8 Likes

I have theories about Shinto vs Calvinism

3 Likes

I am curious about your theories

2 Likes