New Year’s Resolutions because 2023 is going to be our year!

Ambitious of me to say this during my first year with an infant :laughing: I did make a friend at a wedding who fosters kittens and sews her own clothing, so assuming 2024 lets me have some friendships, I think I have an “in.”

8 Likes

Bought the hair thingy, use it once a month, love it! Broke up with coke and had a great makeup!
Did a budget.

All that is left for 2023 is to get a smaller wallet.
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can

9 Likes

How small of a wallet do you want? I have this Amazon.ca
If you want it.

1 Like

BUMP!

3 Likes

I’m satisfied with the past year in terms of enjoyment and social engagement and all that.
Financially it’s been a disaster for reasons beyond my control.

4 Likes

I still haven’t finished watching The Good Place
I added new interesting things to my pantry which need to get eaten
My internal crap still exists

7 Likes

I actually did this?!?!??!

Also I reported several stories on copay assistance as my Fuck You to it.

SUCCESS

16 Likes

okay this was fun can we have a 2024 thread

9 Likes

Heck yeah I did! I now do zoomies on my scooter, can jog a few steps, built a business, and am feeling so good I will be getting an engineering job again. Woot!

14 Likes

I think, overall, pretty good. Mostly done. Some will keep going, like the decluttering and spending less. A couple I can drop because I got the new career and I don’t feel the need for a therapist, honestly. Maybe that sounds weird because if you’re going through a divorce maybe you need to talk to someone? But our bad relationship/trying to parent with him/trying to keep us as a family unit is what made me feel bad and stressed me out. I feel much less burdened now.

Do gotta improve my physical fitness, though. That’s a rollover! (As it usually is…)

11 Likes

OK, thinking about some money things I actually managed in 2023:

• Cancelled gym membership I was emotionally attached to but not using
  • Paid off car loan
  • Reimbursed 5K of pre-tax money via dependent care FSA
  • Combined finances like 99% with DH
  • Successfully navigated IL Early Intervention to get Ravioli PT services instead of going private (no shame in that but his need wasn’t so urgent that we couldn’t wait and save some $)
  • Negotiated waived pet fee for new apartment lease (will be our 4th year living here)
  • Switched from my parents’ cell phone plan to one with DH (I think that was this year…)
  • Used money to take care of my family when we needed to buy back time/energy
  • Set and stuck to budget for some used furniture swaps and building bookshelves
11 Likes