New Year’s Resolutions because 2023 is going to be our year!

That’s infuriating. <3 I’m sorry.

4 Likes

The fuck!? That’s obviously a scheme!!!

2 Likes

All of American insurance is a legal scam.

My health insurance company also owns the pharmacy. Because vertical integration

5 Likes

13 Likes

I like this. I haven’t set out compost up yet at the new house.

2 Likes
  1. Stay employed

2. Be in the black for the side business

3. Incorporate healthy habits back in my life - lots of aspects of this.

4. Try to get pregnant

Stretch goal - no new debt by the end of the year.

9 Likes

This is garbage. Inspired by @brackenjoy I will, instead, get 1000 hours of screen time

Also I already did a budget and I love coke and the budget says no to a shiny hair machine I will use twice

9 Likes

Random thoughts in the last 90 minutes of the year:

1. Take a phone break the first week of each quarter (aka no forums for a week starting tomorrow)

2. Plan ahead to walk/bike within a 2 mile radius instead of driving

3. Push HOA on water usage, composting, etc. (Possibly get on the HOA board)

4. Move my body more deliberately more often

5. Lean into my job and make it what I want the role to be

6 Likes

Resolution for 2023 is to move. Doesn’t matter how small the movement is. I keep feeling stuck and I can make teeny tiny movements on projects like making notes in my phone or reading 1 article, or I can go for a walk around the backyard. No wallowing in stickiness.

8 Likes

This movement thing is a good idea and I’m going to steal it.

This might be the year that I stop trying to make a relationship with my parents happen. I’ve given it 40 years of effort and it’s not working. I think I’m done.

12 Likes

i’m pleased with my momentum around caring for my body and learning how to work with routines that support me.

this is where i’m heading next (by june jordan)

8 Likes

Just curious how these resolutions have worked out so far this year now that it’s starting to wind down?

1 Like

Haha. No. I did the thing I always do. Lots of exercise without the required underlying core strength or muscle balance to prevent injury. It really came to a head two or so weeks ago when I spent 3 hours bent over doing awkward movements with heavy bits of metal building a trampoline.

But this morning I did a yoga for core strength video and a Pilates one too. So like that’ll fix it?

4 Likes

Nope. Stupid expensive year, mostly staying home.

5 Likes

What? What?! Its only September! Dont we check on these around like, mid-December and panic a bit then? Seems silly to do it with enough time to act on them…

9 Likes

Oh lol actually i have done a lot of this.

6 Likes

I have not done the thing. I have braided my hair once since January.

4 Likes

no
yes
semi
restarted again in Sept
still a WIP

4 Likes

Well we did move closer to family and out of town. Chickens/ducks are being researched. I did get my master gardener certificate! So hey I forgot about these sort of but I did them.

The garden due to timing of moving was a chaos garden this year but not terrible for the effort put in.

3 Likes
  • YES
  • yes, but there is more to declutter
  • not really
  • yes, but I don’t go all that frequently
  • not really, but I am working on it
8 Likes