New Year’s Resolutions because 2022 is going to be our year!

A resolution is just a goal that starts at the same time we all arbitrarily agreed to start measuring the planet’s new lap around the sun.

5 Likes

An early win in the appreciating simple non fancy things. Old me would have needed waffle cone and some kind of macadamia with salted caramel ice cream.

12 Likes

My goal is to be a better consumer, especially when it comes to people being treated like people.

12 Likes

This year I’m going to try to go fully vegetarian.

I will miss turkey bacon and pepperoni on crackers though.

5 Likes

Took some time to think about this. After reviewing it should be a bingo card. A few are for developing better habits, the rest is a laundry list of things to do this year.

Work: stop caring as much (we are not saving lives); set better boundaries; work less; attempt to be more supportive and understanding of our vendors

Fitness: continue to do classes; add weight routine in to complement classes; add more walking (use my treadmill when it’s cold out- I really have no excuse); maybe do a golf league again this year.

Home: continue painting main floor (which includes the kitchen cupboard project); stairwell to basement; purchase new living room furniture; plan and prep for bathroom renovation end of 2022/early 2023; continue to update yard with new planters, some extra plants; finish relevelling stone work (which has been waiting for 3 years to complete)

Personal- try to stop swearing so much; be kinder to myself; hopefully get eye surgery if the world doesn’t shut down

Vacation- take all of it and more when I can (ties in with not being so dedicated to work); plan for at least 3 more trips this year

Visit my mother 4-6 times to help her around her house.

10 Likes

Resolution failed. Maybe 2023?

5 Likes

You did learn to appreciate shit more, by moving house to less garden//more bay?

4 Likes

Good point. I guess on the biggest life changing decisions level yes? Moved house to maximise lifestyle and time spent walking near water?

4 Likes

Holy heck I did actually post on here! And promptly forgot. Results:

I did half of it! Wow thats awesome.

6 Likes

Big changes matter just as much as small ones. You dropped a point of stress from your life. Nice work.

Unsure if you are less of a dickhead :joy:

3 Likes

I noticed the things I got done were stuff I could do with smol children underfoot.

6 Likes

You are awesome. Plus you sorted that PHD out and made some great decisions for you and your family and started a business.

4 Likes

Nailed it.

9 Likes

Damn.
Oops. Sorry guys.

6 Likes

Siiiiigh

1 Like

I tried!

1 Like

I recommend a being less a dickhead based goal for you in 2023.

But I’m perfect. As has been established.

4 Likes

Yes, no
Yes,yes, no
Yes
No
No
No
The year is still young
Yes
Not every time, so that is something

7 Likes

I did start out the year making some progress toward this goal, but Life happened and I forgot that I was going to track this. I did just use the treadmill tonight, so that’s something?

I didn’t train the cats to run on the treadmill, but they did discover that the belt is warm when I get done using it, and they like to lounge on it. I should’ve just picked making the cats happy as my resolution.

11 Likes