New Year’s Resolutions because 2022 is going to be our year!

Alright, as mentioned in the memeing our way through the apocalypse thread, here is a place to share New Year’s Resolutions. Because why not? 2021 was pretty awesome and went exactly to plan and nothing went wrong, so I can only expect 2022 to be bigger and better!

So, get out your navels and start gazing. Reflection, introspection and maybe a bit of dissection.

I’ll start. It’s become apparent that I’m a bit of a wanker? Like a bit of a snob when it comes to beer, food and coffee? I haven’t fully formulated this realisation into a resolution yet but I want to be happier with basic things? Like maybe just maybe I don’t need to know the farmer’s name who grew the single origin coffee beans I’m using?
Maybe a mass produced lager is fine? Maybe I don’t need 4 types of hops and a flavour profile that reads like a fruit basket?

I think I’d be happier if I could appreciate simple everyday things?

Oh and I will get those abs this year. 20th year running for this resolution. Maybe this year is the one.

14 Likes

Digital detox and not become retoxed
Yoga uptox. A 3, 10 and 30 day challenge
Finish my unleash your magnificence workbook
Finish my NLP ecourse with David key coach
Not buy any more self improvement/manifesting projects until I finish some
Buy more crystals and witchy decorations per my loose interpretation of my reiki person’s suggestions
Write 6 books
Develop 30k/year in passive income
Buy a rental property
Maybe another cat
Right, second baby first toddler
Stop pissing myself every time I cough

17 Likes

My resolution is to use the treadmill I just bought. I will measure use by achievements in Pokémon Go (it has weekly rewards based on distance walked/run; I will aim to hit the 25km level for at least 40 weeks of the year).

Distance can be achieved by walking, running, or training the cats to run on the treadmill and attaching my phone to them.

10 Likes

Um.
I dunno. I’m already perfect.

23 Likes

Checked with my squad and realized I was neglecting the :earth_africa::earth_americas::earth_asia:.

Next goal. 30 days 0 waste. But not consecutive. Ideally at least one sprint of 3 days. But at least 30 days total. Not counting menstrual pads or medical stuff

13 Likes

Gonna give it a shot, in no particular order:

• Bed at 9, up at 5
  • Exercise 3x a week for 30 mins
  • Pray 3x a day
  • Read 15 books
  • 1 day per week, no TV
  • Write a will
  • Learn 12 new dance moves
  • 150 hours outside
  • 24 spanish lessons
  • perform 1 yoga inversion regularly and well
  • 12 visits to parents, grandparents
  • 1 family trip
  • 1 couples trip

I have structured them to all feed into each other so I am actually just counting what I’d do anyway, hahahahhaaha #marketing.

15 Likes

You really are.

3 Likes

Fuck me, settle down @Meowkins and @Elle. That was like 15 things each.

I’m over here like “maybe I’ll be a bit less of a dickhead in 2022”

13 Likes

One of mine was literally just dumping my child at the grandparents and fleeing tho

8 Likes

to be fair this is asking a lot of you

11 Likes

i’m sorry you made it too easy, it almost feels bad to pick the low hanging fruit

11 Likes

It’s still 2021 right?

13 Likes

Do they mix in all the good bits like David’s tea? Or is it a lie like wine?

3 Likes

Nah it’s a bag of coffee. One time though…a single origin called Mojito was legitimately like a mojito.

5 Likes

I’m doing yoga with Adriene in January. Please be my buddy because Jan 2021 the only reason I finished is because @Elle (I think) told me I could do 5 minutes and then quit one day when it was 9 pm and I just wanted to lay on the floor and drink wine. And I did 5 minutes and then did the whole video!

So yeah I need that kind of support again

15 Likes

Sounds like an accountability thread is needed!

6 Likes

1/15 is a better than 10% success rate

4 Likes

It’s really not.

4 Likes

Maybe not technically, but spiritually.

9 Likes

I have Covid. You acnt be mean to me

14 Likes