Netflix 2021 Christmas challenge

Could not be more excited about this movie, which apparently features a character played by Jennifer Coolidge talking about how much gay people love her:

Nice of them to make a movie just for me!

6 Likes

If you want a watching buddy I’m potentially in.

3 Likes

I’ll be starting and stopping a ton for screenshot reasons so I’ll be a poor bud

5 Likes

HERE everything here

6 Likes

Alright I’m going for it. Just renewed my Netflix membership. $8.99 is a small price to pay to be part of this challenge.

3 Likes

I will try to watch in about two hours - Kiddo bedtime is 7:15 or 7:30ish my time, so whenever that’s done.

I watched love hard yesterday on the plane. Predictable but I enjoyed it

3 Likes

Oh my god. I paused

SPOILERS kinda

right before THE party.

What a way to jump back in!

1 Like

:christmas_tree::heart:

1 Like

You have to be done by now. Happy party! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I am preparing the hot wine solution. :alembic::test_tube::man_scientist::last_quarter_moon::lab_coat:

Live blogging will occur eventually!

2 Likes

I am! It concluded more quickly than I expected. But was good! Worth the watch.

2 Likes

Alright ya’ll.

here we fuckin go.

Oro watches the 1st Princess Switch movie for the first time.
With pictures and excessive commentary.
Aided by wassail.

What I know about this series/franchise:

• there are two characters played by that one woman who is in all the xmas movies
  • presumably one of them is a princess
  • and they switch
  • so it’s like the parent trap but with of-age people so also presumably there is ~~ROmmannCEEE~
8 Likes

Also it’s like that one 80’s/90’s Mickey mouse movie version of the prince and the pauper, in some notable ways. Like it’s connection to reality.

5 Likes

ORO WATCHES THE PRINCESS SWITCH
PART 1

Item the first:
Diluted red wine (cheap, don’t have an egg over it) with orange slices and cinnamon and some sugar and cloves is YUM.

Item the second:

There’s mistletoe in the fucking SPARKLY LOGO.
Just in case you had any confusion about what you were watching.

The plot!
There is one! it is adorably contrived. Stacy is partial owner of a bakery shop and her co-owner thinks she is moping over her breakup with her ex too much and secretly signs them up for a baking contest in Belgravia on Christmas, a magical land with a PRINCE.
She is huffy and all “well. gosh. but what about things here! like this ACTUAL BUSINESS WE OWN.” and he is all “EVER SINCE YOU BROKE UP WITH PAUL YOU AREN’T SPONTANEOUS AND DON’T CLOSE UP SHOP DURING YOUR MONEY MAKING WEEK TO DO A THING I SIGNED US UP FOR WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.”
So. Yeah.

I’m on team Kevin (plus his daughter Liv) for the record.

I am confused about Belgravia, which is… in London??? But. Okay. Sure.

Stacy would rather stay home and feel sorry for herself while being super hot.

But don’t worry! She commits to the baking contest to make herself look cool in front of her ex and his new girlfriend!

8 Likes

I’m sure we discussed geography last year. I’ll find you a buzzfeed or something

4 Likes

PART 2

wow all this snow is So Fake.
like. Yikes.
Many potatoes died to make so many potato flake snow scenes. we mourn them. a life uneaten.

Meanwhile in the Belgravia conundrum, they appear to have British accents.

ENTER… THE FEMALE DRAMA.
Stacy is competing against a woman she went to culinary school with, someone she clearly has a History with (and not in the sexy way).

Yikes!

Stacy: “Brianna was Really close to some of the faculty…”
Brianna: They knew I had Talent

BUT IT IS OKAY.
For we have gotten to the actual PRINCESS moment!!

and wow her accent.
cackles
i’m dying

Liv (Stacy’s baking bud’s kid) really wants Stacy and Kev to be KISSY.
So in a VERY WILD AND OUT THERE prediction I’m assuming that Stacy and the prince will hook up and kevin and the princess will hook up.

Totally normal.
Very very normal.

7 Likes

There. This is pretty comprehensive.

7 Likes

I read about Paul and heard “ever since you broke up with Paul” at the same time. What a time to be alive.

GASP. I’m shocked, absolutely shocked at Taylor.

Am I the only one that thinks the prince is generic brand Ben Affleck?

4 Likes

PART 3

woop there it is.
TOTALLY The Prince and the Pauper @Smacky called it lolol

The cinematography is very dull.
The cameras are so stilllll and this movie is not captivating enough to survive that lol.

So the princess wardrobe is v Jackie Kenedy but I can’t get over how it doesn’t fit her.
:rofl:

It keeps gaping at her bust because she has such an upright posture in this character versus when she’s playing Stacy.
And I’m ANNOYED that the eyelet fasteners are not aligned with the fake buttons on the outside of the sweater shell.
RUDE.

also plz enoy how agro this is

and are any of us surprised that prince edward shows up and now stacy-as-a-princess has to interact with him?
no no we are not.

he looks like a knock off benedict cumberbund for the record.
but surprisingly charming. And a HELL of a lot less “made of wood and hoplessness” than the prince in the … fuck. whatever the last series was.

But now the princess and the not-princess swap-a-dy-dop and wow hugging your body double who is wearing your other set clothes must be weird.

ADD IN: YES BENDICT CUMBERNUND AND BEN AFLICK. @meerkat

but now it’s dress up time

breakfast with your fake inlaws and a tiara, anyone? going once… twice…

I need more mulled wine…

7 Likes