Netflix 2021 Christmas challenge

I love this so much

7 Likes

I can’t unsee it which is unfortunate for my crush on Cumberbatch.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Because Ben Affleck isn’t generic enough!

4 Likes

I feel like I should drink everyone she awkwardly says Nintendo (I’m leaning the auto correct).

4 Likes

ORO WATCHES THE PRINCESS SWITCH
PART 4

the child has figured it out.

children always do

now the not-princess and the prince are going RIDING.
and I one-hund-oh see Ben Affleck now!

I do enjoy that not-princess aka actual stacy has ZERO riding skills and her stunt double gets to do some over-the-side flops.

“I come here when I need to get away” the prince says, about the matte painting behind them.

meanwhile the actual princess very much doesn’t want to come back and take her place again now that the child has figured them out and not-princess aka stacy is like “UM YOUR FIANCE IS BACK AND I VAULTED OVer A HORSE.”

Kevin is v nice looking too, and also surprsingly charming. but his jacket also doesn’t quite fit him either. which at least makes sense because it’s 100% in character for it to be off the rack. UNLIKE U, PRINCESS.

meanwhile more potatoes have died for fake snow.
their plight is real.

the child has asked for a new mom for christmas.
this is going great and there are no problems.

meanwhile the prince is somewhat decent.
good job buddy.

but i can’t unsee his weird haircut.

the ears are Aggressively trimmed.

okay for real this time getting more mulled wine.

9 Likes

At least the green screens are saving some potatoes from flake-itude.

2 Likes

:joy: I’m really concerned about the clothing budgets for this movie. Are wardrobe stylists allowed to ransack thrift stores? Or is that how they got these clothes…?

5 Likes

Elle once described these movies as high school group projects that earned a solid b. Or something like that. You can’t expect much in terms of plot, set, costume, budget, script, or acting. Just a lot of enthusiasm on the part of whomever came up with the idea.

8 Likes

I know. Also I want more commentary on the costumes.

4 Likes

In one they buy a fancy Christmas dress at giant tiger. So I assume all clothing is sourced at giant tiger or local equivalents. The European clothes probably come from Primark

2 Likes

PART 4

okay. i had to re-heat the pan of wine but i survived. And I’m here with mug of wine (diluted… so hanging in the tipsy is the plan) NUMBER TWO.

but seriously.
the potato flakes.

meanwhile I am moderatly impressed by how charming and cute both kevin and the prince are.
Like, color me surprised.
they found TWO of them.
who knew it was possible.
certainly not me after watching all three of the christmas prince movies.

and vanessa hudgens is CRUSHING IT in this gown.

But now in the continued comedy of “oh shit the other person knows how to do x and i don’t since i am BUT A FRAUD AND PRETENDER” – Margaret-the-princess can play piano and stacy-the-not-princess currently wearing the tiara can assuredly NOT.
But the prince is cute, thinks its stage fright in front of the ENTIRE GALA that he volunteered her to pay in front of, and they have a little duet where she just plays the bottom four notes of carol of the bells.
again.
this shouldn’t be cute. but it weirdly is. or at least is approaching cute. i don’t understand.

meanwhile all this fake potato snow is doing nothing if the actors are sitting outside in “the outdoor gazebo” wearing NO COATS.

But they have a cute moment and then the princess and the not princess do a girls-catch-up via phone call in their PJs. Because it can’t be a christmas movie without a PJs moment. It’s a rule somewhere, I’m pretty sure.

But now the Lust is On.
Kevin asking to borrow not-stacy’s toothpaste is alarmingly shredded

not-stacy: “QUIte Hot”

the ben affleck vibes are really comming through…

i’m like 90% sure this is the same exact pattern as the pink outfit, just minus the fake buttons and left open.

it’s giving me very intense flight attendant vibes even tho i know they’re reaching for jackie kenedy

and a very short skirt, too! for a dutchess, i mean…
AND IN POTATO WINTER.
AND HEELS

but now she and the prince will play twister while holiday shopping for literal orphans.

have i mentioned that there’s a bad guy in this?
there is.
“bad guy”
the chauffeur, and man who answers to the king/the prince’s grumpy dad. he’s trying to figure out WHAT’S AFOOT and why the dutchess is so . … odd.

But gosh the stakes are so low lol

also
AHAHHAAHHHAHA

not-stacy and kevin are watching a movie
and
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

9 Likes

I looked down at the wrong time and missed the title screen, then was like “Is that… Yeah who are we kidding, they have the rights to it.”

I finished already - early bed plus judicious fast forwarding. The finale is, uh, something. And by something I mean not surprising in the least. I look forward to your review.

4 Likes

Friend. You are from the Midwest. Why are you reheating wine on a stove when you can use a crockpot to mull beverages as the northern gods intended?

6 Likes

PART 5

Vanessa Hudgens getting emotional watching a scene of the Christmas Prince is simultaneously the most unbelievable (i mean that literally) and meta moments of this movie and i don’t know how to feel about it.

also i hate that any time i say meta i have to think about mark zukks now. gross.

“you’re in love with edward!”
“and you’re in love with kevin…”

well at least they know??

is this guy seriously a chauffeur?
he needs a raise. and maybe a life.

OH SHIT.
movie i didn’t mean KILL HIM. he fell off the balcony. :open_mouth:

but whatever, he’s probs fine.
meanwhile,
all hail the child.

hahahahahhahah
apparently this is the cake they made.

good news friends.
tis almost certainly made of cardboard.

SO INCOGNITO

but the movie gets major points. :slight_smile: the dutchess fessed up ahead of the meet. :slight_smile: I like that. Good job, movie. Honesty is beautiful.

kevin has the best face when it all comes to a head and the cards are laid flat. LOL.

RESULTS:
Margaret and Kevin are committed to having a movie date night.
Stacy and Edward have gotten engaged possibly on television (Scratch that. defo on television) and in front of the weird bad guy and the asshole baker.

BUT IT"S FINE BECAUSE THEY’RE ~~ hand wave ~~ somehow related so it’s LIKE she’s a dutchess or something, presumably.

flash forward a year.
WHO IS SURPRISED?
anyone?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AND THAT’S A WRAP KIDS.

agreed with @meerkat. It wrapped up QUICK.
Overall, totally acceptable xmas movie. Solid B. Didn’t hate it. Definitely what it says on the tin.
Was it a movie to be remembered?
also no.
:rofl:

8 Likes

i have never done this and i’ve clearly made many a mistake in my life. you are correct and i am but a fool.

5 Likes

That was wonderful. Thank you, friend.

6 Likes

Thank you for providing such perfect entertainment.

4 Likes

My favorite thing about this series is that Vanessa Hudgens seems to be living her best life

4 Likes

Reading your comments is a million times better than watching the actual movie!

3 Likes