Netflix 2021 Christmas challenge

I sleep with Murdoch mysteries one or two nights a week. Otherwise I get an hour or so of kids tv. So I think this challenge is good. Most should be kid background appropriate.

I got to kick it off today because daycare+working on low attention stuff

3 Likes

Oooh, there is no way I’m going to keep up with all the movies this year (dang job!), but I DID already watch Love Hard this weekend.

Agreed on the highlights being the intentional stereotype disruption and the “evil” brother. I also love James Saito, and he is great here (the whole family is great!).

While I did think the “Baby, it’s cold outside” lyrics revisions were cute, I felt like a lot of the script was written by a bot regurgitating various buzzfeed-y Christmas articles (e.g., about that song, about Die Hard, etc.). Undecided if that’s a high or low light. Probably both.

5 Likes

You get an emoji for watching it! :christmas_tree:

It would have cost a lot of money to do this any better. And yes, lots of buzzfeedy stuff. And the Christmas carol was just for the social shares. And yes I like it anyway.

I strongly recommend altered states for these movies. I’m doing them all sober, but exhausted!

4 Likes

I promise to watch zero of these movies this Christmas :joy: :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

When you figure it out, let us know. I’ll set myself a calendar reminder.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: happy to provide entertainment

Perhaps the princess switch movies…

3 Likes

I don’t remember, did you just do the Christmas Prince or did you do the Royal Baby too?

2 Likes

I watched all fucking 3 … I think i liveblogged two???mostly i just remember partner being horrified i was doing this to myself :joy:

6 Likes

I appreciated your sacrifice.

4 Likes

I am in. Probably won’t get through all but can knock out a few on my flights to and from work

3 Likes

Watching this. 40 min in. Pretty funny. Amusing scenario. Definitely some cringe moments. Not yet regretting watching it haha :joy:

3 Likes

Haha …the first 40 minutes were the ones I regretted

1 Like

Wonderful attitude

2 Likes

Made it to 1hr20m in, then had to turn it off for now. Wompwomp to be continued.

4 Likes

Wait, it’s longer than this? How long? I’m going to have to do this in sections.

3 Likes

It was fun, I liked it.

I think Netflix is going in a new direction with their holiday films this year. No more alternate universe holiday movie nonsense. :frowning:

3 Likes

You’re making me want to renege on my promise to avoid all the movies on that list.

2 Likes

I think 1hr45 ish? It’s movie length :woman_shrugging::grimacing:

1 Like

:christmas_tree: for you

1 Like

I have no plans tonight but i do have half a bottle of wine.

AWOOGA @meerkat
I AM GOING TO WATCH AND LIVEBLOG THR FIRST PRINCESS SWITCH OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED MOVIE.

@Elle should I do it here it elsewhere?

6 Likes