Net Worth Tracking, Support, Celebration!

I mean, I don’t love that I had to record “outflow” market adjustments on my investments, but HEY! At least my monthly contributions to my SEP-IRA and my Traditional IRA are coming when the markets are slightly down and therefore I’m buying at a discount.

I’m just shy of $80,000 net worth as of today.

My income is going to slow down for ~3-6 months starting in December and I won’t be putting as much away in savings, so I probably won’t hit $100,000 net worth goal until late next year, market performance pending. I’d love to hit it before my birthday in July, but that seems unlikely unless I get some real wins in the income department early in the year or the unprecedented market returns continue.

I think I’ll hit $50K total invested in Q1 of 2022, markets pending.

9 Likes

A bit flat this quarter… we out-contributed the market losses in Q3, but overall heading (slowly) in the right direction.

Also I changed the colors out. Red (total trailing 12 month expenses) and Green (4% of invested assets) are the easy ones to focus on. (Yellow - expenses without mortgage P+I; Blue - 4% if mortgage paid off.)

6 Likes

My non-retirement shares dropped a lot in value over the past month. The win is that I’m not planning on selling our work shares until next April at the earliest, and we don’t actually need the money because we’ve done so well at saving the past 2 years! I have 1/3 of our renovation cost saved up so far.

10 Likes

Between the drop and our new car predicament I’m thinking I may spare myself my net worth calculation this month :laughing: and pick it up again when it’s sunnier.

15 Likes

I just did mine and I recommend against the exercise.

9 Likes

Mine went up much more than anticipated – had some market gain still, plus my savings, but Wizard’s parents also gave us some cash towards a house downpayment. Some of that is coming through me to our joint household, as blah blah gift taxation limits, IRS, etc.

On the one hand, very grateful and very excited because HOUSE.

On the other hand… feeling very weird about being the recipient of this kind of generational wealth.

On the other other hand… gonna roll with it.

15 Likes

Generational wealth is a blessing! Def roll with it and enjoy! :slight_smile: Are you house shopping soon?

3 Likes

Haha, I will obey…mostly bc I don’t wanna know. As they say, ignorance is the shit! That’s it, right?

4 Likes

We’d like to in the next two years or so. Still a good amount of work to do with savings before we’re buying (plus, we’d like to get to know the city better before we settle in one neighborhood).

3 Likes

I look forward to house shopping posts, haha! Do you think apartment or single family?

2 Likes

Haha this is an ongoing debate. I think SFH is more likely, because one of my priorities is outdoor space (I want a garden, dammit), and one of Wizard’s priorities is more indoor space (I’d be happy at 800-1000 sqft, he wants to be more in the 1500 sqft range – and the latter don’t show up often in apartments). I also hate HOAs with an undying passion.

That being said, if the right apartment in a cute bungalow court with a yard and the space that Wizard dreams of pops up… we’d be interested.

6 Likes

So, houseboat then :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d give up the yard for the ability to kayak from my porch. Don’t think Wizard will give up the square footage tho. :laughing:

4 Likes

Get him a snorkel! :laughing:

4 Likes

This is always pretty great I have to admit. Coffee on the lake at sunrise, yes please.

3 Likes

I lived this one summer. It was the best, ever. I would like that to be my retirement please.

3 Likes

dropped down to about where we were end of July.

12 Likes

Damn that’s a nice curve.

2 Likes

the market has been very kind, and we were pretty consistent. Not optimal, but consistent.

4 Likes

Ditto with a ton of wedding deposits due this quarter lol.

6 Likes