Net Worth Tracking, Support, Celebration!

We’re up a couple thousand this month, but then, we’re not really in the market anymore. Have a few market linked GICs, but otherwise everything is is regular GICs. We got out of the market a couple years ago, when we discovered our fee only financial planner was costing us more money than we were making. It was very expensive to get out, but I’m glad we did. I can sleep better at nights.

1 Like

Well, that was depressing. Biggest loss we’ve ever had- 6 figure.

But we were cash positive, so that means that I am getting my stress spending under control.

5 Likes

Erm.

Would feel better about this (buying stocks on sale) if our expenses were lower this year, but it’s one of those “it’s always something” years.

Still, long-term… the chart is going up, and we’re ahead of anything earlier than spring, 2021.

11 Likes

Down it continues, but at least several years of tracking makes it feel a little less bad as long as I don’t look at actual numbers…

(I don’t track home values in this on the I-need-a-place-to-live principle)

11 Likes

That graph is gorgeous. Are the colors just different accounts?

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah, just different accounts…I (finally) stopped procrastinating earlier this year and combined the light blue and magenta accounts and lost my really easy-to-see break between investments and emergency stuff so I need to go back and do a little recoloring, but in general it helps to have it viewable piecewise.

3 Likes

4 or 5 years into Ynab and im still amazed at my checking account balance…:blush:

2 Likes

Back to the end of August

3.4% WR, 118% funded.

7 Likes

My tracker shows the same result, back to the end of August.

4 Likes

Also June '21

4 Likes

We’re down approximately 7% since Dec 31 last year. It’s been rough, but it’s also been a great learning opportunity. In an effort to get some more diversification, I’ve learned about I-Bonds, Treasury Bills, Commodity ETFs, etc…

6 Likes

September 2021 here.

4 Likes

We first hit our current number in April 2021.

Sigh.

6 Likes

April 2021 here too…

5 Likes

Late March 2021 here for the first time, early August 2022 for the second, and just back again. Ugh.

4 Likes

lol my networth is within a thousand bucks of what it was exactly one year ago. i have plowed ~$50k into the market since then :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Up $14k from last month :slight_smile: yay!

(Feb. 2021 number)

6 Likes

Alas, no graph or withdrawal rate info because the spreadsheet file with the historical data isn’t on the
laptop that we brought with us.

I can say net investments are down 4.2% compared to end of year 2021. Which is much better than I was projecting when we were down 14% ytd in sept.

7 Likes

Happy to report that while the S&P 500 is down 14.94% year to date as of the end of November, we’re only down 3.36% year to date. At this rate, I’ll be happy to be at a net zero by the end of the year.

7 Likes

Up $13k from last month. Still not hitting end of year goal bu tit’s nice to see things going up a bit.

7 Likes