Nail Polish - Getting Good Results on a Budget?

I wanna see picture updates :wink:

:vulcan_salute:
I ended up waiting to give my nails a longer rest. I plan on painting them either tonight or tomorrow. There will be pics! :wink: :rainbow:

2 Likes

I’m curious what category of your budget you put nail polish under. Fashion? Spending Money? Groceries?

2 Likes

I have a “femme” category on my budget. :smiley: I put things like fancy hair cuts and makeup and jewelry in it.
Here’s what it looks like for me:

https://forum.ohmydollar.com/t/oros-journal-of-slow-progress-toward-a-more-free-life/31/815?u=oro

1 Like

I know you meant rubbing alcohol before polish, but alcohol before polish is a much more fun rule.

2 Likes

That’s great. I haven’t budgeted for years (probably am about to pick it up again, actually!) but I used to have a “pink tax” category for personal care things that I didn’t want to do but “needed” to for my job (i.e. eyebrow grooming, make up, resoling heels, etc).

1 Like

:smiley:
Femme isn’t a category needed by my job thankfully! :smiley: It’s something I engage in … sometimes but sometimes not. LOL. I named it that way to remind myself that bodies and appearance can be a fun game if played on our own terms.
I may also someday have a butch category. :smiley:

3 Likes

I call my butch category camping. But I’ve been wearing hiking boots daily for weeks in public on city streets

5 Likes

So this option is not the most budget friendly at all but I found a local brand free of all the big toxins that I had been avoiding in nail polish but I was skeptical to try. I bought a bottle and put it on my toes and I was absolutely shocked how long it lasted. It didn’t chip whatsoever which has never happened for me.

I haven’t tried it on my hands yet since a certain spawn of mine is still fond of chewing on my fingers, but I’m excited for that. Usually the non toxic brands all suck so this was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t use any base or top coat and it still had a nice smooth shine.

https://www.mischobeauty.com/

4 Likes

Also just now realizing this thread is way old and I thought it was new :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for reviving it! I gave up painting my nails because I always manage to wreck them really quick and I can’t get them to set properly. I bookmarked a few things in case I ever decide to give it a try again!

The brand you linked looks super gorgeous and I kind of want to order some just because I find the bottles aesthetically pleasing. But I’m not going to because I don’t want to blow my Budgetober budget, and because I should probably go through my collection of nail polish that’s old enough to go to grade school before I even think about getting more.

3 Likes