Nail Polish - Getting Good Results on a Budget?

Glittery polish is hard to remove - it takes me more nail polish remover and time. But - PRETTY!

I don’t use a base coat - so what is it supposed to be doing to improve my manicure (pedicure).

2 Likes

I loved glitter polish when I was rock climbing- it’s indestructible.

3 Likes

I think it’s like using primer on your walls or your face. Not necessary but could give a smoother result and give the paint something to stick to

2 Likes

The Essie Gel-Setter top coat is great for a fairly indestructible finish. I use OPI’s Kyoto Pearl and that top coat on my toes and it lasts forever.

OP: you do want your polish liquid and easy to apply.

(So not a) pro tip, if you shower/bathe the next day, any extra bits of polish on your skin will peel away neatly.

1 Like

I just wanted to second Sinful Colors as a cheap polish ($2) that has dried pretty easily for me, and some are saturated enough that I only use 1-2 coats (no base, no top coat, because I’m lazy and impatient). I used to be able to find them at Walgreens, but not sure if they’ve migrated. I think Target has them.

1 Like

Alright m’lads. I removed my crusty nail polish last night, and yesterday I picked up (3) new polishes. Walgreens had a 2 for 3 deal with OPI.
Gonna let mah fingers breathe for a few days and then try again.
Wish me luck!

Edit:
…3 for the price of 2.
Not… 2 for the price of 3.
Yes.

3 Likes

Which colors did you get?

2 Likes

I got a teal, a dusty rose pink, and orangey red. :smiley:

3 Likes

One tip, if you are a bit of a nail noob you might want to watch some vids on youtube. It’s like 50% technique 50% product. Start in the center a couple cm above your cuticle, then push back and swipe down the center and each side, quicky, is the best technique I’ve found.

Hell yes.

ETA: I went back to Walgreens today and picked up Seche Vite top coat and an affordable Sally Hansen base coat/nail protector, as their sale continued today.
:smiley:

5 Likes

Ooo those look so pretty! I love the color choice.

1 Like

Thankee! It’s not my usual color palate (I’m … usually radioactive rainbow, if I’m being honest) but the soft femme is really pretty. :3

3 Likes

Nice job! I love the color <3

1 Like

Nice nails is such a little thing, but I love it when my nails look good.

2 Likes

I took off the polish a few days ago, the nails have had a chance to breathe…
Now it’s color picking time. :smiley:
Poll for the polish minded among us: orange-red, teal sliding towards green, or the pink that resides close to mauve?

1 Like

The [quote=“Oro, post:35, topic:319”]
I took off the polish a few days ago, the nails have had a chance to breathe…
Now it’s color picking time. :smiley:
Poll for the polish minded among us: orange-red, teal sliding towards green, or the pink that resides close to mauve?
[/quote]

Pinkish mauve I fall you want neutral, but I’m thinking teal for a pop of color!

1 Like

I too like teal, or orange-red!

Are there outfits you’re planning to wear in the next few days? I often tend to play my nail polish color and outfit colors off each other.

1 Like

Oooo I vote for the teal!

1 Like

Pinkish mauve or teal, but then I hate orange generally (not in flowers or sunsets, but in most everything else).

1 Like

I like mauve this time of year! It hints at spring without overshooting.

1 Like