I’m here to talk about (and ask questions about) nail polish. The at-home kind.
I like to paint my nails when I’m feeling The Femme-- it washes over me like a wave. Tragically my nails don’t like to be painted.
Here are my issues:
- Either the polish or the remover (not sure which) fucks my nails up bad. They chip and delaminate if I don’t take several weeks off between having my nails painted. I use a base coat but it doesn’t seem to do much. I’ve experimented with acetate free remover and it also seems to not be a magical solution.
- My nail polish never dries smooth/glossy. Even if I let it dry for hours, it will inevitably pick up the impressions of my sheets overnight and become a sad dull and bumpy landscape. I have been covering said landscape up with sparkles to hide the issue.
- My nail polish is all 4+ years old. Is this the root cause?
Big questions for those who do the nail do:
- Do I need to buy new polish in order to get a good finish?
- Does the $$ of the polish matter? Mine is almost entirely CVS/Walgreens impulse buys back from when I moved to my city without knowing anyone and I was desperate for any type of human interaction and the CVS check out clerk totally counted.
- Are there less nail-damaging ways to paint nails?