My top surgery/radical reduction

Maple and my nest

17 Likes

Congrats! :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Glad all went well, and wishing you a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome home! Wishing you lots of rest and good recovery.

2 Likes

This is the girl kitty loving on the wool I was spinning on the spinning wheel

9 Likes

Day two!!
Feeling much better today and very low output on the drains. I’m hoping they can come out before the weekend?
Slept ok in my sitting up nest. Getting around ok. Got dressed by myself. Made breakfast by myself. Etc.

Chugging along. :steam_locomotive:

60000% need the ozycodone though. Woke up last night in I guess what they refer to has breakthrough pain and it was intolerable. So so so so soooo bad. I was so scared of it but now I think I may need to ask them for an extra day or two if they’ll give it to me.

27 Likes

You’re doing so well!!! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

you look great and i am so glad to hear that the painkillers are doing their job and not wigging you out!

i will also say that i didn’t look that alive until like 4 days after my surgery. it’s great to see you up and around and with such great color :heart:

6 Likes

Omg how did I miss this? You’ve had top surgery too?? Amazing!

5 Likes

not top surgery — a hysterectomy! though i am considering a breast reduction … i’m still too scared though and really don’t want to lose feeling in my nipples. lol sorry if that is TMI :joy:

7 Likes

I love your smile and how happy you look.

7 Likes

Thank you friend. I keep holding my hand just like I am in that picture. Like ok ok wow, I can just place my hand here flat. That’s so nice.

11 Likes

I think probably nothing is tmi on this thread. Makes sense. If that’s important to you!
And a hysterectomy is a big surgery! So I know you’re a healing pro

7 Likes

YES

4 Likes

You are glowing and like you just feel at peace. I hope healing continues to go smoothly!

4 Likes

I’m happy you’re doing so well! Keep taking it slow, though. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you, this is good advice. I just took a walk around the whole block and will do one more back yard walk today and then I think I’m done for the day. Just hit 24 hours! Yay. Better (mostly) by the minute

13 Likes

In the MOST hilarious turn of events my cell phone has kicked the bucket. During the week I would most use it. I have a new replacement phone coming in two days, but lord I did not budget for this at all. So I guess the next two days will be some phone detox? lol. UGHHHH

12 Likes

Lol she is very modest.

3 Likes

Ok first shower DONE. I hated it. Lol but it’s over. I also did NOT want to have my binder off, like couldn’t wait to get it back on.
I just felt unsupported and the drain entries were very nauseating to me.
However my nurse friend who is caring for me was astounded at how great the incisions look and with the quick glance I took at them I have to agree.

25 Likes