Meme-ing our way through

Introvituous :astonished::rofl: it me and my sisters. Think attitude of grizzled old dude “somebody needs to step up so i guess it’s me coz none of you whippersnappers have the skills” but in a 10yo girl.

4 Likes

Marie Kondo, madam, one does not give up, one must continue to battles! The war is ongoing!

8 Likes

i feel like the headline misses a lot of the nuance in what she really said:

"Tidying up means dealing with all the ‘things’ in your life,” Kondo writes in the book. “So, what do you really want to put in order?”

During a recent webinar to promote the book, Kondo added, “My home is messy, but the way I am spending my time is the right way for me at this time at this stage of my life. Up until now, I was a professional tidier, so I did my best to keep my home tidy at all times. I have kind of given up on that in a good way for me. Now I realize what is important to me is enjoying spending time with my children at home.”

14 Likes

It’s definitely missing a ton of context but I still thought it was cute

5 Likes

agreed! i just keep seeing people post it like HAHA IN YOUR FACE MARIE KONDO (not that you did this) and it makes me feel a little bad for her because i don’t think she’s the smug hosebeast that some portray her as.

(not sure why i feel the need to protect innocent millionaire marie kondo though :laughing:)

10 Likes

17 Likes

23 Likes

Hosebeast!
Idk what this means but it sounds intense.
I actually really liked her books and follow some of the principles to this day

6 Likes

Oh yeah no I like her hence the message of encouragement! But I can see how she sort of means generally relaxing into everything.

There is so much getting rid of things when you have constant influx but the focus is not the influx its on the people around you, which is brought up in her books!

8 Likes

22 Likes

20 Likes

It is like the 30 books thing. So much of what Kondo says is taken out of context. She has never spoken in the ultimatums that are attributed to her.

I also suspect her “not tidy” house would be 100x tidier than my “just cleaned because the Pope is coming over” house.

14 Likes

yes and i cant help but notice that famous organizers who happen to be white women do not seem to come into the same level of criticism.

13 Likes

15 Likes

Who would have thought it was George Santos instead?

(Sorry- going through old memes, and found the Maxine Vandate…)

18 Likes

I don’t know why I felt this one so hard :flushed:

18 Likes

Oh noooooooo

2 Likes

That is definitely an ouch! And as a tail-end Boomer, I am already in the senior category.

2 Likes

I had an epiphany the other day. Harry Potter is the Millennial equivalent of Star Wars to certain previous generation(s). I think anyone who was crazy about Star Wars when it first came out should watch the Harry Potter movies with the same mindset they had at the time.

Likewise, it would probably be a good idea for Millenials to watch a movie like The Big Chill or the TV show Thirtysomething.

I don’t like intergenerational fighting. We’re all just people at different points in our lives.

And I’ll get off my soapbox now. :wink:

4 Likes