Meme-ing our way through

Not yet 2 and nearly 5? I might hold on the Star Wars for a bit?

4 Likes

Ok - so I have been dabbling in the Bad Batch show. My lack of an encyclopaedic knowledge of starwars history is a limiting factor. Like there was a clone war? That was won against robots. But then the empire emerged? Formed? I guess its all just very confusing.

3 Likes

Just watch the original three with your kids like a normal dork. Jesus.

6 Likes

Boy PDM did find some darth vader toy thing at the op shop and asked who it was, then delightfully misheard it as Dark Vader and refuses to be corrected.

10 Likes

I asked little dude and he doesn’t remember his first time seeing star wars. Which makes sense, since he was a baby. If you raise them right they know the classics from the start.
I’m not saying you’re a shit parent for this huge omission, but if the shoe fits…

7 Likes

(I’m kidding, folks. I don’t think people who don’t watch star wars with their newborns are failures. I just harass PDM.)

6 Likes

How dare you! But I appreciate that your parenting style is very TV heavy.

2 Likes

And video games. Don’t forget video games. One must have balance.

4 Likes

Lego star wars I assume?

2 Likes

Those didn’t exist when my dudes were little. They played Minecraft and various Nintendo things.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah must have been a long time ago - NES or SNES?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wii.
Bigger kid was born in 2005 so they probably started with games around 2010.

I grew up with no tv, radio, or video games. Raising kids with screens has been fun and interesting.
Electronics are my co-parent.

5 Likes

Haha - yeah ours too. Thank god for TV.

5 Likes

Heck yes.

3 Likes

20 Likes

15 Likes

I used to have a friend who was carefully shielding her children from Star Wars until they were old enough to be properly shocked by the big daddy reveal. She was doing the same thing with The Monster At The End of This Book.

The Boy achieved this with Terminator 2 as our children didn’t have it spoiled by the trailer.

11 Likes

(yes gendered but I have boys and I am one).

11 Likes

21 Likes