Meme-ing our way through

17 Likes

19 Likes

The Thomas Erikson one was the best!

4 Likes

I need a hint on the joke in the last one

6 Likes
Summary

Check out the window at the back…the house might be slightly smaller than preferred :slight_smile:

21 Likes

18 Likes

It took me a minute too! :rofl:

3 Likes

AHA! I was looking for the trick but couldnt quite find it. That was a hard one!

5 Likes

Am i excited for the Mandalorian to return in March? YES. Am I also excited because this will provide more baby yoda reaction shots? YES.

15 Likes

Can I make a confession? I’m struggling to get into Star Wars. Like I’ve always liked it but just struggling. I’m a nearly 40year nerdy guy. This shit should be my bread and butter.

6 Likes

Have you seen Andor? The episode One Way Out gave me happy excited Stat Wars feels.

6 Likes

Nah makes 10000% sense. The writing has been absolute dog shit for a lot of what has been produced. Good writing, I’d suggest Andor. Skip Book of Boba Fett unless you’re a die hard Mando fan who wants the back-door season 3 promo they did with the second half of the season.
It’s also okay not to like it. :slight_smile:
I mostly like the version that lives in my head.

7 Likes

I also suggest getting super high and watching A New Hope through the lens of it being the heart-rending tale of two droids in love, separated by war and finding their way back to each other.
One of the lovelorn droids is annoying and pedantic.

13 Likes

I think the episodes are too long? Like I’m a busy guy and my free time for tv alone is very limited. 45minutes of space lazers and nonsense? I dunno man. I just don’t know.

I also think that it requires a level of attention that I’m not prepared to commit? Like if I watch while doing something else like the dishes or working out, I miss stuff? Next minute they’re back on fucking Tatooine for some god knows why reason and I don’t know who they’re talking to or why?

7 Likes

This version makes perfect sense even when not high.

6 Likes

You know what I also think it is, I’ve gone far too deep into hard sci-fi books and what not and the whole space magic cowboy schtick starwars goes in for doesn’t scratch the itch like it used to?

Like I watched the shit out of Lower Decks. It ticked all the boxes. Short episodes, animated, comedy, hard sci-fi. I don’t think I’m ready to commit to proper Star Trek though?

11 Likes

Doing get the swimming pool one? Is it a Sunset Boulevard reference?

1 Like

The Great Gatsby.

2 Likes

When my dudes were little like yours are now I told them we use the force to make the automatic doors at the grocery store open. Kids would do dramatic hand gestures to get the doors open and it worked and they were thrilled.
Star wars stuff is about magic being real, but without getting a letter from a transphobe when you turn 11.

15 Likes

Also being anti facist. I love that the uniforms in Andor are very clearly imitating Nazi uniforms.

Fuck the empire.

11 Likes