Meme-ing our way through

I’m glad it helps. I can’t do much either. I’m a milk bar for an infant, so I literally sit up in my high tower (well, low rise apartment) and watch swat teams roll by. Hard not to feel like a coward, taking nice daily strolls with the baby the next day to the parks where the protest met up the night before.

9 Likes

Yes this. With H sick and me caring for Bobbin I’m not going out to even the peaceful small protests in my city and I feel bad about that when DC is what it is just miles from me. Maybe once he’s recovered but even then I’m not sure

4 Likes

Much the same here. There’s a rumor going around there may be a protest at the courthouse in the county seat south of us (pop. 7,000) on Monday. They need some old white ladies to keep an eye on the sheriff’s deputies, and I just don’t think I can be the old white lady they need. I’m sufficiently old and white, but if I catch the ronas I’ll almost certainly die.

7 Likes

I’ve been sporting this t-shirt since this armor was still cool.

9 Likes

18 Likes

You know, it is not clear to me whether or not the Third Amendment would protect that action (hotels aren’t private residences, the Mayor is neither the tenant nor the homeowner, etc). But it’s also unclear because there’s only one significant case that ever directly involved it (and that only made it to court of appeals, not the Supremes).

James Madison dabbing across spacetime indeed.

7 Likes

Oh absolutely. I do wonder how it’ll shake out. But it made me laugh.

2 Likes

I actually lol’d and then showed it to Wizard. I just. The Third Amendment became relevant

4 Likes

Right??? Never would I have guessed, if you asked me circa 2005, that we’d be closely reading the third amendment to see if it applies. In NYC no less.

5 Likes

Did exactly same with husband.

4 Likes

The DnD classes made me cry. I’m a Wizard/Support Caster.

Then I laughed so hard. I don’t know as much about the US constitution but I looooove the commentary and the need for senators to research what they’re supposed to be upholding.

9 Likes

17 Likes

My friend posted this saying she wants to be this little old lady when she grows up

25 Likes

Tay Zonday just reposted this as a reminder that this song was always about institutionalized racism. God I love him. Also he’s from minneapolis.

7 Likes

This was hilarious, and also made me tear up at the end. Too real.

5 Likes

I was just thinking about this song last night.

14 Likes

20 Likes

This is on par with not knowing Semi-Charmed Life was about crystal meth, even though it includes the lyrics “doing crystal meth.”

7 Likes

17 Likes