Meme-ing our way through

Shouldn’t marginalised groups call out problematic stuff when and where they see it?

3 Likes

Yes. :heart: and you did. But it feels like it’s becoming a discussion beyond the meme at this point. The meme was hurtful to you and others, it should be flagged and Lily should identify if it should be removed.
Do you agree?

eta: I have no authority here!

1 Like

No, I don’t agree.

Okay. Like I said, I have no authority. I’m just, like you, a member of this forum trying to figure out how to make it as good a place for everyone as possible.
What would you like to do instead of the above?

I’m not ignoring you, but I can see that anomalily is writing a reply so I’m waiting.

1 Like

Hey folks! I just got flagged to be pulled into this discussion.

I think it is best to remove the meme, which was already done by the person who posted it. In the future, feel free to flag the meme if you like if you don’t want to get into a back-and-forth.

I agree that this extended discussion about how best to flag and discuss content that is racist, homophobic, or fatphobic is best not had here on the meme thread which people do not come to for debate.

A comfortable alternative place for people that want to have this discussion, is this thread about how to develop better forum standards, and ongoing discussion that has been coming up.

8 Likes

Providing the sacrificial thread redirect meme in the form of my all time favorite stupid pun (why is camping so exciting? Because it is in tents) Why did I tell this pun to everyone I met when I was a child? I’m not entirely sure, but it certainly explains a lot about me.

16 Likes

It looks like camping memes are at the first day of a very tame music festival.

4 Likes

Puns are fun, language is fun, etc. it’s still cute.

3 Likes

Memories of a bygone era :grimacing:

hopefully this isnt a repeat

4 Likes

I’m not sure why I’m so bothered by the dog’s shoes being on his front paws instead of his back paws.

10 Likes

15 Likes

131899154_10104269449410975_8614342834403027743_n

8 Likes

Thanks meerkat :heart:

5 Likes

22 Likes

There was just something delicious about that high school pizza! mine was usually combined with French fries for health reasons. :rofl:

6 Likes

Honestly wasn’t sure where to share this. But I found the “help us to help you” tips useful :+1:

19 Likes

Thanks to everyone working hard to help us be better humans on here :-).

21 Likes

21 Likes