Maintenance Phase Podcast Discussion

I haven’t but I’m excited! I love apple cider vinegar but like, as a cook not for health things. I vaguely remember something about people drinking it for health?

6 Likes

Whoooooooooooo boy. I was about halfway through the episode when I liked your post. I did NOT expect where this went.

4 Likes

I made the most delicious silverside roast once using apple cider vinegar. I need to find the recipe and make it again, it was years ago but Ponder doesn’t like it much but my mum now lives nearby so I can share it with her!

Will listen to episode. I knew about using it for hair conditioning because it smells a but nicer than white vinegar as an acidic post-cleaning rinse.

7 Likes

this episode was a delight! full of surprises and grifting!

i like how they mix it up with fun eps like this and some heavier topics too. and im excited for aubrey’s new book! she’s an incredible writer and i’ve learned so much from her, starting from way back when she wrote anonymously as yrfatfriend.

5 Likes

I’m only just getting started with the episode myself. I use apple cider vinegar to wash my hair with sometimes. I rarely ingest it.

3 Likes

I’m excited to listen to this one. I use ACV in cooking, but I know a lot of people who “take” it every day as a supplement.

When I was visiting my friend in Austin last weekend she made me a truly awful drink with ACV, aloe juice and coconut water. I don’t remember what she said it was supposed to do for me? But I drank it because, polite. Haha. That is the first and last time I will ever drink ACV

9 Likes

Disappointing! Aloe juice and coconut water were both innocent victims

2 Likes

That sounds terrible. Why would someone do that to coconut water? I’ve had it in a mock lemonade and it was tolerable. Excited for this one!

3 Likes

Well now I’m looking forward to this episode lol

1 Like

I am staunchly pro-shrub, anti just straight up drinking vinegar. But everyone should do what they want lol.

5 Likes

I was gonna say, I actually love some drinks with vinegar in them :see_no_evil: but I also like kombucha and other tart stuff so idk

5 Likes

Oh yeah same here. Like does it mess up my acid reflux real bad? I probably like that thing :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

is Aloe juice good? this was my first experience, but I feel sorry for it because surely I couldn’t taste it over the ACV.

I love plain coconut water! At least, the one that is pink and doesn’t taste like sweaty socks

2 Likes

I like Aloe juice but it’s super sweet.

2 Likes

That is also my favorite. Costco used to carry it for way cheaper than anywhere else.

1 Like

There’s coconut water that doesn’t taste like sweaty socks?? TIL

I love everything about coconut except every coconut water I’ve tried has been NASTY lol

4 Likes

Yes! The Trader Joe’s organic pink coconut water is very good, and Whole Foods has a 365 Organic one that is also pink is very good. Harmless Harvest brand is another very good brand but very $$$

3 Likes

My mother made us drink apple cider vinegar in the 60s so it at least dates back that far. Not a fan.

3 Likes

my old job had unlimited harmless coconut water in the break room. pretty sure i drank myself a 10% raise on that stuff. :joy:

6 Likes

Ooooh thank you :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: