Love is Blind Season 2

Instead of tackling my gigantic to-do list at work, does anybody want to talk Love is Blind?

Let’s try and keep things under spoiler tags for those who aren’t fully caught up.

6 Likes

HERE FOR THIS :joy:

1 Like

Containers spoilers;

1 Like

Finance-related

From second drop but not really spoiler

Shayne does not believe in 401k’s and spends $2000 a month on food. What???

4 Likes

HAHA YES. I was just glad SOMEONE was talking finances though. We saw very little of that first season!

1 Like

I know!!! It’s so important but it feels like the couples gloss over it.

First season

Especially because we find out in one of the reunions that Barnett sells his house to pay off Amber’s loans! And now they’re living in an apt with a roommate. I wonder if they talked about that at all before marriage or if it just wasn’t shown

5 Likes

I would LOVE to know more about what they actually talked about, re: nuts and bolts expectations of relationships, like the business partnership side.

2 Likes

Wait how the hell did I miss THAT? Wow.

I’m just past the engagements, they’re all at the resort the first night.

Summary

I’m fast forwarding through a lot of Shayna’s stuff already.

2 Likes

The Shayna stuff is the biggest train wreck and I hate her.

I don’t think that’s a spoiler. Tell me if so.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s a spoiler. Because if you’ve seen any scene with her, you know that she’s the absolute worst. The fact that she continues to be the worst does not come as a shock to anyone I don’t think.

2 Likes

I started watching Season 1 thanks to this forum. It’s the trashiest show I’ve ever seen but somehow I can’t look away!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t normally go in for shows like this but for some reason this show is just the perfect combination of trashy yet entrancing.

1 Like

I genuinely like three of the people. That’s more than I usually like in this very low tier of reality tv.

(Stuff like amazing race is top tier, real housewives are below LIB in my ranking system)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they talked about Amber’s debt before they got married! I remember her sitting on the kitchen counters and having a lot of shame about it. I thought it was one of the more mature moments.!

2 Likes

Yes I remember that because I was shocked it hadn’t come up in the pods!

I feel like Nick is my envoy there :joy: he’s a bit of a gossip, doesn’t want to drink as hard as everyone else, and is just as scandalized by some of the gossip as the viewers.

(And I legit love Iyanna)

4 Likes

I felt bad for Nick in Mexico after he came back from the social.

Summary

I saw him happily share gossip with Danielle on all the other couples, which is something I would totally do myself to Husband. If anything he was a little smug because he thought his relationship was going great and he was enjoying observing the other couples. Only to have Danielle freak out at him for … I still don’t understand what?

3 Likes
Nick and Danielle

And there we have the theme of their relationship :joy:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I think I respond to Nick a little differently than the rest of you. He seems to love gossip and stirring the pot but then acting surprised that people are upset.

Like:

Summary

'You haven’t talked to Mallory?? You’re respectfully keeping your distance because you know your fiance is insecure about this one particular thing? What!? Dude you have to talk to her!"

And then…
“Jarrett was talking to Mallory and I think it caused some drama”

So I wouldn’t be that surprised to learn that he’s making subtle comments that set Danielle off and then acting surprised. I guess gaslighting is the word lol. He could be a totally upstanding guy but I’m putting my bets on editing turning Danielle into a total villain instead of showing a relationship with real issues on both sides.

ETA: but lol at the Shayne image…I say that all the time.

4 Likes