Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the forums! A nice crowd here. Lots of variety and fun to learn from. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome! Let me know if I can do anything to help you settle in. I recommend that pet pictures thread :two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome! There’s a few frequent posters here (including myself!) from or currently in the Boston area. Looking forward to getting to know you!

2 Likes

Welcome @Benson. I am in both forums, but avoid the more contentious threads at MMM.

2 Likes

Welcome! Other than being ritualistically cast out of you don’t have a pet cat, everyone is very kind here. (KIDDING obviously. I don’t even have a cat).

6 Likes

@Greyweld thank you for the welcome! That’s good, I don’t like to need thick skin on my down-time.

@PinkTutu Thank you! Always glad to learn something new!

@anomalily thank you, but we don’t have any pets. The closest we have is a spider now and then. lol

@Meowkins thanks! That’s good to know, especially since I’m not a native. Looking forward to getting to know all of you, too!

@Gdogg thank you! Wise choice! I look forward to hearing what you have to say here!

@Bracken_Joy thanks! That makes two of us. I’m actually allergic to cats, so I guess I don’t stand a chance around here. lol Oh well, I’m just happy to be here.

4 Likes

Hmm, I spelt @Meowkins wrong, apparently. Sorry about that! (Also, is it possible to edit a post once it’s been submitted?)

1 Like

Hey I’m also allergic to cats! Very very much so.

3 Likes

Yes, if you look at the bottom of your post there’s a little heart, a link, and there should be a pencil. The pencil will let you edit. If you do it within a minute or two of posting it’ll just edit the post, if you do it after a few minutes your post will get an orange pencil icon in the corner after you save changes to indicate that the post was edited at some point. (Example, if this link works, look in the upper right.)

Also, hi, welcome!

Editing to add a pencil icon.

2 Likes

@meerkat thank you! The edit pencil must be a feature that still needs to be unlocked for me, as I haven’t been able to see it. I’ll edit this post if the pencil shows up. At least now I know what to look for. Thanks again!

Fixed it for you! Edit privileges come after a bit of time on the forums, you’ll get them soon.

1 Like

Huh! Is that so new bot accounts can’t post something benign then go change it to a spam link later? Clever.

1 Like

There’s a lot of different privileges, including access to journals, that only come after someone has reached a certain trust level

6 Likes

Photos of cats are very non-allergenic. We have a dog, but folks don’t seem to hold that against me.

7 Likes

Hairless cats are available for those with allergies!

3 Likes

Those cats are just less allergenic :melting_face: if you’re very allergic, you’re still allergic to them. (Me. It me)

6 Likes

I finally examined your avatar more closely - it is the first thing I thought of when seeing your username!

4 Likes

I loved that show when it was on TV, and I loved Benson the character, too. I remember watching reruns of Soap and being excited every time Benson showed up. (I was a kid at the time.)

2 Likes

I saw the original broadcasts of Benson and Soap. Soap was pretty shocking at the time!

Wasn’t Soap something like the most controversial network show of all time?

2 Likes