Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome Night_Elf - the path to FIRE isn’t linear, so don’t worry about that whole “life happened” thing. Though your savings likely made that patch at least a little easier.

5 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Hello! I thought I was fire, then market dump and life happened, and now I’m clawing my way back to being comfortable on a half-time salary at my previous kind of job (so kind of like my version of barista FIRE). Hoping the best for you getting there and hoping you enjoy it here!

5 Likes

Welcome @Night_Elf !

1 Like

I love whole milk so much :sob: so so so much. I kinda love all milks but soy! hemp, oat, almond, mmmmmmmmmm!!! but dairy whole milk OH MAN, SO MUCH

2 Likes

hell yeah it’s about to pop off :milk_glass:

2 Likes

they are sooooooo cute right???

2 Likes

I, too, love whole milk and it’s kind of hard to find other grown-ups who do? I tend to feel weird about my love of milk around anyone but a bunch of toddlers. :flushed: So, yea to you and yea to milk-loving friends!

5 Likes

My husband also loves whole milk! You can all enjoy together!

1 Like

Me too! A glass of cold whole milk is so tasty!

1 Like

I refuse to use non whole milk in any of my making of things with milk. I won’t drink it by itself though.

3 Likes

I don’t tend to drink milk by itself, but team whole milk for anything. Cereal? Mac and cheese? Whole milk all the way!

5 Likes

I’m chiming in here to say SOME of us love whole milk but are not loved back by it

It’s unrequited ok stop making me sad

6 Likes

LOVE HURTS

3 Likes

**BABY DONT HURT ME

NO MORE**

4 Likes

… I’ve got that was Aaaaaa uh wa Aaaaaah uh aaaaaaa going on in my head now

Know what i mean?

4 Likes

Benson here. I’m US based and live in Boston, although I’m originally from the midwest and lived in several other locations through the years, including some years in Japan.

I originally started to think about finances when I got married to my first wife. That was her gift to me for which I am grateful. Fast forward several years and I started a new life back in America. By this time I was well aware of the challenges to retiring comfortably and made it my goal to be prepared. Sadly, no one around me seemed to be of like mind.

After moving to Boston and remarrying, I’m now in a good place. My wife and I see eye to eye on most things, and that’s the most important thing.

I found out about this forum from the MMM one. Although I do have an account there, I don’t like to post often, as I find you really need a thick skin to fit in over there. I hear good things about this forum, so I have my fingers crossed.

Nice to meet everyone!

23 Likes

Welcome, Benson!

1 Like

Wow, that was fast! Thank you, @turtlegirl !

1 Like

Welcome! Typically there’s a lot less thick skin needed here, which is mostly why I shifted over a few years ago.

1 Like