Introduce Yourself Here

And those of us without kittens and doggies want to live vicariously through yall.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Someday, all threads will be the “show your pets” thread. It is inevitable.

9 Likes

The natural convergent evolution of all Internet forums.

8 Likes

Love is a strong word, but I do like talking about tech career transitions! Let me know!

1 Like

They’re so small and cute! And die so quickly!

I say this in my head every single time I see @letired’s username :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, you don’t have to pretend. We’re all just here to share cats, dogs, gardens, craft, cooking and baking.

1 Like

I didn’t see this when I joined! Hiii! waves

I’ve been galliver (she) in computer games and internet spaces since about age 11. Fortunately, the main venue of my teenage internetting has shut down. I heard about OMD from some of my favorite MMM posters and like many of you, realized it was exactly what I was looking for in a PF community. I started a journal called Bus Rides, since I expected to update on my commute. You are all awesome and I’m glad to be here. :blush:

6 Likes

@letired @anomalily The trick to orchids of any size, IME, is good light (and warmth) and not too much water. Repot them in orchid mix after the flowers drop. Don’t cut roots (you’ll kill leaves). That’s about all I’ve ever done and they’ve flowered repeatedly!

Oh and best use of cottage cheese is pancakes or pastries. :wink::yum:

2 Likes

Hello I am based in Manchester, UK! Debt free as of 2017 and trying to save up an emergency fund. Live with my partner and we are hoping to buy a place in the next 12 months and are interested in the whole FIRE thing. I love budgeting youtube videos but cannot relate to 99% of people in that sphere so glad to be here.
I like the money saving expert forum which is UK based but again, this feels like a safer space! Glad to be here!

17 Likes

Hello! We have some other UK folks here - glad to have you over here :slight_smile: I’ll actually be UK-based (london) for all of August!

3 Likes

Hello all

I’m GeeKyGirl, coming from the MMM forums where I post rarely and lurk on journals. I heard about this place there and most of the people I follow are here now, so here I am.

I live in Paris, France with MrGeek, PrincessGeek my 9 year old step-daughter, LittleGeek, our 4 year old boy and BabyGeek, our youngest daughter who will soon turn 2. I am originally from West Africa, did college in Morocco, went back home to work 6 years, went to the US for my grad studies, worked two years there and then moved to France after getting married to MrGeek.

It’s been 5 years since I moved to France and it’s a long time for me to live at the same place (except for my home country); apparently I’m putting down roots. I work FT as a project manager in IT; we bought a new house in 2018; the kids are a handful especially LittleGeek who has a genetic disease and is visually impaired and I am a high achieving, overextend and busy mom and wife who have taken in most of the tasks at home. So I don’t have much time to post and I’ll be mostly following along for now. I’m planning on having some help from September and maybe going part-time in Jan 2020. I’ll post more then.

As a female black software engineer from one of the poorest country in the world, I spend most of my life with straight white high earners dudes so I am used of not fitting in. I am grateful for this new corner of the internet where I won’t be the odd one. Thank you.

22 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey good to see you over here. :smile:

1 Like

Hallo! I remember you from MMM, glad to hear you’re still around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! I see you around MMM often (esp the book thread, haha), and it’s very cool to see a full intro. Part time will be so exciting! Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy.

2 Likes

Hi GeekyGirl! It’s so good to see you here! I saw that little rainbow unicorn and got all excited! I can’t believe your baby is now almost two! It seems you were just pregnant with her.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am eny (she/her), in my mid-thirties, living in France with my husband and two young children. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life!
Long time lurker on the MMM forum but never had the courage to post. I like this place and the abundance of cat pictures :smile_cat:
Nice to meet you all!

16 Likes

Welcome @eny and @GeekyGirl - I’m so excited to have you both here! Especially with your diverse experiences and backgrounds. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can do anything to help you settle in over here <3 ^-^

Maybe we can form a francophone club with the two new Parisians and the Canadians :wink:

7 Likes