Introduce Yourself Here

How have I missed that thread??

5 Likes

OMG try being a mechanical engineer that emigrated from the perfectly logical SI system of units (United Kingdom in my case) to the US system… Conversion factors within the same system… ARRRGH! I guess it made me a better engineer and after I got my professional license I could converse equally well in both systems. I almost felt guilty for retiring… almost…:slight_smile:

Welcome to the USA, land of incredible opportunity but appalling healthcare!

5 Likes

Hi y’all! I’m Miichan (she/her), a 30something queer lesbian who is a librarian by trade in the Midwest. I usually just lurk places online (especially personal finance places), but I’m trying to be braver and vulnerable and actually communicate with people I find interesting like all of you fine folx!

I live with two cats in my own apartment and nearish my fiancee, Charrin, and her two cats. We hope to get married and buy a house in the next couple of years, and integrate all four cats with a minimum of cat drama. I have a lot of interesting/weird hobbies and will elucidate about them at length in my upcoming journal. :smile:

29 Likes

Welcome @Miichan!

2 Likes

Welcome! Librarians are usually the best people.

4 Likes

Welcome @Miichan, you’ll fit in great here! Nearly everyone has at least one cat, or dog, or both. Be sure to visit the Share your pets! thread. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome, @Miichan!
I think our cat known as Mr. Obnoxious welcomes you too, if getting into my lap, onto my tablet while I was typing is any indication. He’s purring now as I reach around him, so it must be.

6 Likes

hi all! I’m Jen. I work in publishing and am currently staying at home at home with my parents. what a weird time to get your financial shit together, right?

my initial excitement at being able to save money during This Time has given way to a slow realization that my financial situation is, uh, not great, and a problem entirely of my own construction, so I’d like to start taking steps to ameliorating that and my journal will follow that, hopefully. And also I’ll talk a lot about hockey.

17 Likes

WELCOME! We are here for financial and journal support. Ummmm can we talk about ice-related things please? (unless you mean field hockey, I don’t know anything about that). I’m a figure skater.

3 Likes

yes please!!! I started learning how to play ice hockey last year and I AM OBSESSED WITH IT.

4 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome! I live in a mecca of pond hockey and don’t know even how to skate :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am from Texas and am just learning!!!

1 Like

I’m Canadian and don’t understand hockey. I’m at risk of having my citizenship stripped from me. The best I can say for the sport is that zambonis are cool.

5 Likes

Zambonis are SO cool.

1 Like

@anomalily used to drive one.

3 Likes

THE DREAM

1 Like

It’s really just a tractor with a blade and some extra water.

Thanks for having me!

23 Likes

So many flyover zonites joining!!

Welcome.

I am the opposite (nervous about meeting IRL). It’s a sort of yin and yang.

3 Likes