How Did You Creativity Today?

Straight from @diapasoun, what did you do today to foster creativity?

8 Likes

Fuckin. I love this.

And now I’m gonna come back later today and report on my creativity!

7 Likes

Yessss

I am taking a class on novel revision and it is wonderful. I’ve had a couple of theme-connecting-to-plot sparks today. Later tonight I will work more on that!

4 Likes

This is excellent. Will start thinking of how to incorporate more creativity in my daily life!

3 Likes

Also loving this thread idea!

I have a notebook I carry in my purse to try to do short stories in but I only end up doing it once every couple weeks. That’s still an improvement over no creative writing for years before that though. I use the writing prompts subreddit for ideas.

5 Likes

I love this! Yesterday I started draping a new dress and had to get creative about a new sleeve silhouette.

Today’s planned creativity will be playing with makeup since I don’t wear it often but we’re going out to dinner and I feel like playing with it a bit

8 Likes

I played with yarn and graph paper to create a symmetrical pattern.

4 Likes

I worked on my Nanowrimo prep, by starting to summarise The Snow Queen.

5 Likes

Continuing to tell bear stories during disper changes

9 Likes

I have continued to work on my editing.

4 Likes

Picked up a 1x1 ribbed hat WIP to finish knitting.

3 Likes

Finished knitting a cowl yesterday (for which I had even adapted the pattern a bit)

5 Likes

Ooh, what kind of adaptations?

2 Likes

Love this thread idea! I’ve been doing a lot of macrame lately. Just finished a “canopy” for my bed. I recently moved into a new place, so home DIYs have been occupying much of my creative time.

12 Likes

Nothing fancy, just adapting the pattern so it would look good at a shorter length (and also figuring out the best way to do the finishing/edging because the pattern was super unclear haha)

4 Likes

@kajellio I love how that looks with the lights!

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful and homey space, and the macrame absolutely makes it!

1 Like

That is GORGEOUS! Macrame is on my list of things I want to learn but am worried to try because I will definitely lose myself in a rabbit hole of doing it for hours and spending all my money on fancy supplies…

1 Like

Thank you! Originally, I just had the lights up and it was so barren.

1 Like

Thank you! Moving into a new (much larger) space has really brought out my secret interior design ambitions :slight_smile:

2 Likes