Grocery Hauls and Pantry Snooping

I am impressed with the alpha order. I’m still organizing (not so) intuitively. :grin:

3 Likes

Loving this. I’m down for spice sharing. I organize by type/palette basically.

I’ll do my pantry another time, but right now WreckABub (her official nickname) is awake and will pull stuff out of the bottom if I open it :joy::grimacing:

Eta that MASSIVE quart jar is for homemade taco seasoning :joy: we eat a lot of taco spiced items…

12 Likes

I love you for making this thread.

2 Likes

Also I just meal prepped yesterday and there is currently no room in our fridge. This is a 2 person household and a giant American fridge :joy_cat:

10 Likes

Wait you have bananas in your fridge. EXPLAIN.

Eta also peanut butter. ANARCHY.

4 Likes

Don’t be too impressed - I’m one of those people who has to softly recite the alphabet each time I need to reorganize or find anything, so that’s the musical accompaniment to my cooking :joy:

@Bracken_Joy I tried organizing by palette, but I use things like cumin in like literally anything savory and so I gave up haha

5 Likes

We are a small household so we go through bananas slowly so we put them in the fridge As it preserves them longer. They actually get frozen because we exclusively use them in smoothies and banana bread :joy_cat:

Peanut butter: natural peanut butter separates and if you put it in the fridge after stirring it takes longer to separate.

Also not much other storage

This is all our food storage not under couch

10 Likes

And spices

9 Likes

This is very valuable info. As I’m sure you noticed, we have the same PB. From same source I’m sure :joy:

We just buy the pre overripe bananas from our local store now. It’s great.

3 Likes

I love that you can see everything. Mine are on a leveled rack and I have to touch all of them before I find the right one!

5 Likes

It’s more like, all chili powders, cumin, etc are on left side. Herbs are upper center. Pie spices/fall flavors are upper right. Etc. Husband and I grab without looking now we’ve done it this way long enough. And the spicy shelf we have means I don’t have to move anything (hallelujah) to get to them all.

More angles:

The unlabeled big one in the upper right is cinnamon. The back right is nooch.

11 Likes

Yea it is mainly because we have nowhere else to put them than that drawer but I will take it! Only issue is chili powder which we go through too fast and have to buy too big, so it can’t fit

3 Likes

Digging that shelf.

1 Like

It was a total game changer for me. It’s an as seen on TV product, but super adjustable and we’ve moved it twice and it’s still in great shape. Like $20. We’ve had it 4 or 5 years now? LOVE IT. We just got it on Amazon, not sure where else it’s available.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I’ll be on the lookout for something similar

We put peanut butter in the fridge because the oil goes rancid otherwise. Also the separating slower thing.

“JIF” sugar peanut butter stays in the pantry.

4 Likes

I think we just go through it so fast? Never had it get rancid flavors and I’m definitely on the high end of “tiny off flavor, refuse to eat it”

2 Likes

I had this grand idea a few weeks ago to move my spices to an underused but convenient drawer so I could see them all. But standard McCormick’s jars are 1/4" too tall for my drawer. I was so disappointed. Still trying to figure out how I can make something work because my spice cabinet is out of control.

3 Likes

I posted this somewhere before, but here is my spice cabinet right after organizing it:

Too scared to show my hectic pantry right now!

13 Likes

ooooooo I like this system, too!

2 Likes