Gold Star Parenting

Ha! When she wants to use them :joy:

1 Like

Kid is eating a bowl of mixed nuts and every cashew is being walked over and fed to me (almonds are being put on the ground as they are useless this week)

10 Likes

That’s some good training right there! All the cashews for mom, yes.

5 Likes

After weeks of super intense mommy-only meltdowns, my spouse went to a tantrum workshop at daycare and he just diffused a meltdown over mommy doing the dishes while he changed a diaper!! :raised_hands:

I hope he has some wisdom to share after Pipsqueak goes to bed

8 Likes

Noice! That daycare is worth it’s weight in gold!

4 Likes

Gold star to the fellow parents who helped me figure this out. Latte has been doing some odd and frustrating behaviors, including among other things really intense verbal repetition. I thought it was part of a boundary pushing stage, but someone introduced me to the term perseverating, and it seems like it fits this perfectly, and now I have some new perspectives and tactics to test for this.

(Shout out to @frogger if you don’t mind me putting you on the spot!)

5 Likes

:tada::partying_face: how awesome that your daycare does stuff like that.

3 Likes

Is cool. I had no idea there was so much out there on how it expresses in children! It was just a word I heard connected to my anxiety experiences.

3 Likes

Well it was a fantastic wizard door lol. And I told Bestie and now her mind is blown because her eldest (chromosomal abnormalities) does that a ton and she’s never heard the term. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Yes! It’s definitely a bougie daycare but they seem to be coming through on all the promises of supporting parents and building community. There are monthly weekend park play dates and at least one free workshop a month.

Hasn’t stopped my kid from crying every morning the last two weeks though. “I don’t want school, I just stay home today” “today is home day with mommy”.

7 Likes

Ah. My eldest is like that. My sympathies.

2 Likes

My 3-year-old announced “I have to pee!”, pulled down his pants, sat on his little potty, peed, and then pulled up his pants.

We celebrated, a lot.

Only took 6 months since starting potty training… :joy::joy:

13 Likes

You have a potty-training twin! My cousin has a 3 year old boy who they have been trying to potty train for around 6 months. Last night he peed in his little potty for the first time completely on his own! She posted a picture on facebook this morning!

5 Likes

This is a parenting win that I need to share: last night Pipsqueak woke up crying. Spouse went in, put her covers back on, rubbed her back, and SHE WENT BACK TO SLEEP!

His presence did not immediately escalate the situation to 11! He has been informed that he’s in charge of the next 53 wake ups since I’ve been the only acceptable middle of the night parent for MONTHS.

*neither of us has done anything to cause or fix this situation so it’s not really gold star worthy. But I need to celebrate. Thanks for listening

14 Likes

Win!!! Somehow in the past month I’ve been demoted from only acceptable parent, too. It’s bliss and of course we have no clue what caused it.

9 Likes

Being demoted really is bliss :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

This is a FB friend’s, not mine, but I’m taking notes. I hope you accept this gift.

12 Likes

Thing I did not expect before becoming a parent #35677: When either me or my spouse said “I’m the favorite parent now” the correct response from the other was “I’m sorry”.

11 Likes

The Nugget arrived yesterday and we decided to open it right away rather than waiting for Christmas. It’s totally worth the hype. In the last 24 hours it has been a small house (x10) a bus (x10) a small slide, a large slide, a launch pad, a cozy cuddle spot, a long tunnel, etc. etc.

Hopefully it has staying power, but I’m optimistic.

6 Likes

Ours is the only toy that has been out continuously for over a year now. She still loves it most of the time/ she’ll occasionally have a couple days of not using it much, but it’s usually more our fault for not encouraging a new build or activity.

3 Likes