Gold Star Parenting

Ha! When she wants to use them :joy:

1 Like

Kid is eating a bowl of mixed nuts and every cashew is being walked over and fed to me (almonds are being put on the ground as they are useless this week)

10 Likes

That’s some good training right there! All the cashews for mom, yes.

5 Likes

After weeks of super intense mommy-only meltdowns, my spouse went to a tantrum workshop at daycare and he just diffused a meltdown over mommy doing the dishes while he changed a diaper!! :raised_hands:

I hope he has some wisdom to share after Pipsqueak goes to bed

8 Likes

Noice! That daycare is worth it’s weight in gold!

4 Likes

Gold star to the fellow parents who helped me figure this out. Latte has been doing some odd and frustrating behaviors, including among other things really intense verbal repetition. I thought it was part of a boundary pushing stage, but someone introduced me to the term perseverating, and it seems like it fits this perfectly, and now I have some new perspectives and tactics to test for this.

(Shout out to @frogger if you don’t mind me putting you on the spot!)

5 Likes

:tada::partying_face: how awesome that your daycare does stuff like that.

3 Likes

Is cool. I had no idea there was so much out there on how it expresses in children! It was just a word I heard connected to my anxiety experiences.

3 Likes

Well it was a fantastic wizard door lol. And I told Bestie and now her mind is blown because her eldest (chromosomal abnormalities) does that a ton and she’s never heard the term. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Yes! It’s definitely a bougie daycare but they seem to be coming through on all the promises of supporting parents and building community. There are monthly weekend park play dates and at least one free workshop a month.

Hasn’t stopped my kid from crying every morning the last two weeks though. “I don’t want school, I just stay home today” “today is home day with mommy”.

6 Likes

Ah. My eldest is like that. My sympathies.

2 Likes