Get out of the house! Photo scavenger hunt so we don't all go crazy (or crazier)

It’s all good, I figure there’s going to be some delay/overlap.

4 Likes

I photographed my mailbox yesterday but forgot to post the picture. I saw several deer and a squirrel today.

ETA I took the wildlife photos from inside the house. I promise to go outside at some point today.

7 Likes

Does this count :rofl: ?

10 Likes

Hell yeah that counts. Edit: omg I think they tried to give it a mask, I didn’t see that at first. Love it.

7 Likes

that is the best use of an inflatable animal I have seen in years.

4 Likes

I missed pictures of squirrels on my pupper walk because pupper #2 was intent on crossing the street to catch it :laughing: I’ll have to go out again without her so she doesn’t see me get out my phone !

4 Likes

Also- THANK YOU MEERKAT - my dogs both would prefer to use potty pads in this gloomy weather. It’s too easy for me to also stay in. Which is terrible for my emotional health.

This thread is A++

3 Likes

I was outside for a couple of hours cleaning up the yard and garage, but didn’t see any wildlife so I am leaving this here instead.

PSA: if you prefer not to have wild critters in your cabinets, make sure you close the door.

11 Likes

AHAHAH I DIDN’T NOTICE THAT THANK YOU

2 Likes

I love this so much. It definitely counts.

4 Likes

Took a decent walk to wear off Lil Pups energy. She zoomed a few times. Poor cooped up little thing. She doesn’t understand why no one says hi anymore :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

I saw squirrels. I forgot my phone :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Cat on a walk. I love the penguin.

7 Likes

Since I’ve phoned it in twice already, and the rain nearly stopped, I decided to go for a walk to redeem myself. I did not see a lot of wildlife, and what I saw was hard to photograph. I saw:

• about a dozen dogs, not wild
  • about two dozen humans, including a former WH press secretary, wildness unconfirmed
  • four squirrels, who refused to pose for a photo
  • a lot of robins, who all seemed to have gotten the squirrels’ memo.

I thought I might have to resort to an @Oro - style entry I saw on a neighbor’s balcony:

But then I finally got a robin to cooperate:

10 Likes

A few days back because husband used both tractor and tiller today and all that noise is scary.

8 Likes

I went to the park and didn’t see any wildlife. Right when I got home there was a raccoon in the woods behind my house but it was too far away for a picture.

5 Likes

Today’s challenge: a wheel.

Car, bike, scooter, roller blades, wagon, whatever. As usual, pictures from previous days’ challenges are still acceptable.

Also, if you have an idea for a future challenge please let me know. I have a list of ideas but it’s short.

4 Likes
Future ideas
  • Look up: tree tops, birds in the sky, beautiful clouds, etc.
  • Reflections
  • Shadows
  • Picnic pics, indoors or outdoors

Maybe also a bonus category that could be completed any time that month? Like March = any sort of clock, sundial, etc. April showers (rain, puddles). May flowers.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I love it. Adding the March general challenge right now. Also I’m keeping a running list in the first post. Your ideas also made me think of those random holidays (today is apparently Make Up Your Own Holiday Day) so that’s a good source for random ideas too.

March Challenge: any sort of clock or time keeping thing.

3 Likes