Get out of the house! Photo scavenger hunt so we don't all go crazy (or crazier)

This is very slap dash, but I need this too.

Today’s challenge: Post a picture of a mailbox. Or mail slot or something of similar function.

Past challenges:
Mailbox
Wildlife
Wheels
What’s up?
Sticks, for National Something On A Stick Day
Lazy Sunday
Blue Monday
Reflections
Big
Small
Maps/directions
something that starts with G
Shadows
Triangle
Springtime
Yellow
Spring
Over
Under
In Between

Monthly challenge:
March - Clock or other time keeping thing
April - showers, water, etc.

7 Likes

I’m in! I’ll do this in a bit when I go for a walk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only walked about 100 feet to take this. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Ha, I didn’t even have to leave the house. Just opened the door:

Ok, that’s maybe not in the spirit of the game. I’ll do better next time.

4 Likes

Couldn’t you have done it from inside and not even open the door? :rofl: I thought about taking mine through the window but I had to go get the mail anyway.

2 Likes

Yes, but opening the door wasn’t much of an effort, plus the outside of my door is more colorful (if desperately needing a repainting) than the inside.

If I’d been sitting on the couch that faces the door I could have done the photo without even moving. But since I had to stand up to see the door anyway, I decided to open it.

2 Likes

I mean, to be honest, there’s a reason I thought of doing a mailbox first… My view from my desk.

I did go for a walk earlier and I will check the mail later.

6 Likes

I did this!

#apartmentlife

7 Likes

I did this! But my phone died in the cold so no photo. But great idea! hahaha.

4 Likes

we got new diaper covers in the mail!!

8 Likes

You inspired me to walk down off the mountain! This used to be our mailbox, back when we had mail service at home. The final blow was struck by a gravel truck, but we’d been talking about canceling anyway because the meth heads kept stealing so much mail. It’s been right there on that bank for approximately five years now. I should probably pick it up, but I didn’t.
This is about a quarter mile from the house, so a little bit of exercise, but then I had to walk back up after getting the shot, and that was a relative lot of exercise because of the elevation gain. So thanks.

9 Likes

Ta da

8 Likes

6 Likes

Bonus cute dog!

3 Likes

It isn’t a mailbox, but it is a box, and I took it on my walk today

7 Likes

I love that! My city also paints those :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@meerkat
What’s today’s quest? :smiley:

1 Like

WEDNESDAY’S MISSION: Wildlife

Urban wildlife like squirrels and birds count. Trying out a moving target objective to see how it goes before going with some of my other ideas for future missions.

4 Likes

You picked a new topic before I could post image this!

6 Likes

It’s raining today :frowning:. But I was apparently a day ahead and took a wildlife photo yesterday. Behold the synchronized squirrel feeding:

5 Likes