Get it Done December

It wasn’t on the LIST though!

4 Likes

Any :alarm_clock: ones? Like insurance or food or meds? If so, we can badger you about those. But you get a pass on the bullshit of life my dude.

3 Likes

Then put it on the list! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Guest bed is 65% cleaned off. A few spices weeded out.

3 Likes

A little bit of progress, and a few new additions prior to holiday visits

• Finish mad house cleaning
  • Pack
  • Return library books
2 Likes

Love the energy of this. Hard agree.

3 Likes

I accomplished posting 2nd of 5, but took some pictures and did research for all the rest.

doors - posted last week
storage bench - posted today
fleece - some pictures
flannel - some research
patterns - some research
games - 3 sold at video game store, 20+ to go (low priority)

Contemplating not selling: 4 (or 5?) pairs of pants, 3 pairs of shorts, 1 pair shoes all in very good condition. Punting the decision until after the above items are at least listed.

3 Likes

Also dismantled the dodgy pop up plug in the bath and ordered a new click clack bolt (thank you youtube for showing me how to take it to pieces and what the part was called!)

3 Likes

[secret boring project] - I should get this done in the next few days but I haven’t even started yet. Don’t wanna.
Fix Roomba
Call around for septic estimates - started
Clean my desk. Figure out how to keep it from becoming a dumping zone.
Need to cancel dental insurance

Finish putting up Christmas decorations
Pay C, G, and maybe O bills
Ask tax dude about thing
Health insurance
Kohls return
Book LL
Start 401k roll over process
Get photo editing done (myself? pay someone else?)

4 Likes

I made some progress this week! I left all the difficult tasks for the end of course haha

6 Likes

Enthusiam has run out but I’m halfway and just need to get on with it. If I can do two things today then I can enjoy a chore free Solstice tomorrow. This year we will celebrate at an national award winning fish and chip shop with just happens to be our local!

6 Likes

[quote=“a_hardie, post:54, topic:5853”]
:birthday:Plan baby’s birthday party (in January) and invite people
[/quote] :white_check_mark:

Calling this done because the date is set and people have been invited

2 Likes

Turns out December is really busy. I’ve done heaps but not on this list!

New list:

• Whatever’s crossed off already
  • Survive Christmas
  • Rearrange craft stuff so fabric is accessible for me to do more sewing in January
4 Likes

Not a very fruitful week on these tasks; getting ready for the holiday took precedence. I did take pictures of the pants, in case I decide to list.

At a family members for the weekend, so next week I want to jump back on and at least list the fleece.

3 Likes
  • :white_check_mark: pack for my trip on Tuesday
  • :white_check_mark: sell or give away more stuff-- currently still have a pair of backup slippers, a scarf, two pairs of boots, several new merino base layers that are too big, a sleeping bag, and a phone that should be sold but I have a suspicion that the guy isn’t going to pay-- some items may not be gone by the end of the month if I’m holding out on a higher price but a lot of it should go!
  • :white_check_mark: transfer money to my nieces’ college savings accounts
  • :white_check_mark: schedule gutter cleaning (the company I was planning to use has not responded to an email or a follow-up voicemail)
  • write cards and prepare gifts for my chiropractor and massage therapist

Turns out I’m not seeing my chiropractor and massage therapist until 2024, so I may give myself a pass on that. I will do it before I see them, though!

I purged both my closet and Marmalade’s. The phone was relisted and the auction ends tomorrow, so it should be sold, and I disabled the international shipping option this time. I am still trying to sell a few things (one dress that I was initially going to keep but then came to terms with the fact that I dislike the color) but most of it is gone. I am hoping some BN folks take Marmalade’s clothes :slight_smile:

I think I missed a check in? I took some photos as a mid way point, and it’s not looking too bad. I might move another couple of boxes into the store room then need to break down a wardrobe we’d been using for storage and it should be good.

4 Likes

I hate my list set it on fire

9 Likes

Okay there’s some obvious trends in what I’m procrastinating on…

4 Likes

So only 1 thing this week but that’s ok!

3 Likes

Guest bed is cleared off and birth certificate is located.

9 Likes