Get it Done December

• Do the laptop security update
  • Update my Garmin InReach software (…this has been lurking since April jfc)
  • Clean primary suite bath tub
  • Clean gear bathtub
  • Clean oven oh god nooooo
  • Swap and wash vacuum filter
  • Convince partner to donate clothes he doesn’t need. Also trash nasty-ass camping cot in the garage
  • Buy replacement burner drip pan thingies for stove
  • Toss the ancient old bag of trash that’s been sitting on the back porch for ages…
  • Bonus: do first pass of cleaning carpet

Am I getting things done now because of the public accountability or because I’m procrastinating the things I really don’t want to do (clean the oven and bathtub)? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I haven’t completed any of these yet, but I am most of the way through a book and I took a practice exam for that certification today. Backup stuff and the 401k thing are scheduled for next week!

3 Likes

I do not like my Dad’s book. I dislike the style he has chosen to use (which includes poetic line spacing & justification, sentence fragments, and a few random capitals). I am not sure how to give commentary in a way that is truthful and supportive. He is planning to self publish this - not just a couple of books for family like he tried before, but actually publish with this place’s self publishing arm, which I know are usually some level of scam (he wants it to be a physical book, not just an Amazon Kindle original type thing, which is a different type of scam, but less likely to be a ripoff).

7 Likes

Slippers are getting close and I have started on the cards.

We leave for Home State in 6 days and literally every night is booked. Let’s see what a girl can do.

1 Like

Oops, forgot to update, i should really have taken progress pictures! Some free shelves are appearing now, which I’m happy about. I think I’ll take an in progress photo tomorrow anyway.

3 Likes

OK I sent some of them.

3 Likes

this would be a whole lot easier if our insurance website was not hot garbage!

I am now realizing that lots of my list items are complex and multi-step.

5 Likes

Progress!

2 Likes

Yay for accountability!

I’m in!

I need to:

1. List and sell 2 dining room tables.

2. Unsubscribe from a few streaming services. I got 2 done on Tuesday,.2.more to go!

3. Go through all my HBA products and purge. By the looks of what I saw, i could do a no buy for shampoo, lotions, body soaps and band-aids. I’ll probably purge a lot of the hair styling stuff, most are LIARS and weigh my hair down too much. Scratch that, i’ll put it on the freebie trading group.

4. Come up with a way to store my kitchen items better. Also, find something to store our bar goods. We arent big drinkers, but I would prefer to store my specific drinking glasses with the alcohol. (This will be the hardest!!!)

5. Work on the business building class I signed up for. I have no excuse with my foot broken and me stuck at home.

6. Figure out how to get rid of an old treadmill.

7. Clean up and sell/give away a weird dollhouse that my daughtet long abandoned.

8. My dad collected coins for a very long time. I recently ended up with them. I think most arent worth much, but if they are, I want to sell them. I wonder if there is a better time of year to.do so?

9. Set up a better sleep schedule. In bed by 11, lights and media off by 12.

10. Organize and purge old holiday decorations. We got the lights up tonight when the kids were making the sugar cookies, but they stopped after that.

6 Likes
  • :white_check_mark: pack for my trip on Tuesday
  • :white_check_mark: sell or give away more stuff-- currently still have a pair of backup slippers, a scarf, two pairs of boots, several new merino base layers that are too big, a sleeping bag, and a phone that should be sold but I have a suspicion that the guy isn’t going to pay-- some items may not be gone by the end of the month if I’m holding out on a higher price but a lot of it should go!
  • transfer money to my nieces’ college savings accounts
  • :white_check_mark: schedule gutter cleaning (the company I was planning to use has not responded to an email or a follow-up voicemail)
  • write cards and prepare gifts for my chiropractor and massage therapist

As I suspected would happen, the guy didn’t pay for the phone and it’s now relisted. I only have one pair of backup slippers and a pair of boots left for sale, and my huge closet purge is done!! The gutter cleaning got done the day I called, although there was some drama because the guy didn’t do a good job and ruined the packages I had put out.

3 Likes

My annual ladies Christmas event and work was priority. This week I plan on knocking more off!

Not much knocked out last week because of this trip, but doing a decent job.

The productive procrastination continues!

• Do the laptop security update
  • Update my Garmin InReach software (…this has been lurking since April jfc)
  • Clean primary suite bath tub
  • Clean gear bathtub
  • Clean oven oh god nooooo
  • Swap and wash vacuum filter
  • Convince partner to donate clothes he doesn’t need. Also trash nasty-ass camping cot in the garage
  • Buy replacement burner drip pan thingies for stove
  • Toss the ancient old bag of trash that’s been sitting on the back porch for ages…
  • Bonus: do first pass of cleaning carpet
  • :mailbox_with_mail:Send holiday cards (already ordered, now need to write on them and mail them) :white_check_mark: done
  • :iphone: Clear out photos on phone from the past 9 months to only the necessary ones to keep (March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
  • :framed_picture:Print the best of those photos for albums
  • :birthday:Plan baby’s birthday party (in January) and invite people
  • :card_file_box:File or recycle pile of papers on desk
  • :stethoscope:Find a doctor for self and spouse and make an appointment for each of us
  • :baby:Put out feelers for extra childcare help (babysitters besides my own parents)
  • :bank:Call bank about boring thing I don’t wanna do :white_check_mark: done
  • :package:Clear out pile of stuff that I have earmarked for donation/Buy Nothing

Did some crochet on the train to a friend’s house an hour away. I have some sewing ready to go to Mum & Dad’s with me, where I will use mum’s machine while one of them plays with the kids.

Xmas decorations are up!

Might get into one of the organising tasks this week.

I’ve found my mojo again after a month of being a slug. I’ve recovered from the busy B&B season and have suddenly decided I want to deep clean the house before Christmas!! Proper cleaning to the standard I do the B&B end of the house not just the quick wipe around I manage over the summer. Listing it here for accountability and the joy of ticking of a list. Kitchen and tiled floors where done yesterday as that’s the one area I always keep on top of. If I can knock out something today then it’s one a day until Christmas Day

• Master bedroom
  • Master bedroom ensuite
  • Guest room
  • Guest room ensuite
  • Hall stairs and landing
  • Study
  • Downstairs cloakroom
  • Living room
4 Likes

Nothing more (from this list) done, but I’m going to post the other 5 things right now!!!

Progress on some things!

3 Likes

Ummm I don’t think I’ve done anything send help

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re keeping a baby alive so you’re doing a-okay buddy

4 Likes