Funny Thing You Saw Today

So the work counting down time one. I’m pretty sure most of my division and fraction mental math work as a kid was done at track practice :joy: (just 10 more laps. That’s just 5, 2 times! Etc)

7 Likes

For me it’s songs. Assuming each song is about 3 minutes long, how much more Beyonce until I get to turn off my computer?

7 Likes

20 Likes

Reading Strega Nona as a kid started off a years long spaghetti obsession. I cried at GM when we moved in together because he didn’t like spaghetti. Not pasta in general but specifically the spaghetti shape.

8 Likes

I’m 54 years old and don’t think I’ve ever bought spaghetti to cook at home. It’s always other shapes.

6 Likes

I mean I’m not saying I’m not the weirdo here. Just for a solid decade if I wanted a snack it was a good bet my mom could just cook some spaghetti with butter and… Suddenly it dawns on me that I might have actually had a “safe food” and never realized it lol.

14 Likes

Dammit now I want spaghetti.

9 Likes

I ate buttered spaghetti with grated parmesan from a shaker bottle ALL THE TIME as a kid.

My mom fed it to me for a week straight when I was 6 or 7 to try to make me like it less. It is still my favorite way to eat any sort of noodle (we do mostly eat linguine, our 7.5 year old doesn’t like other pasta shapes :slight_smile: ).

ETA - I do eat actual pasta sauce now for meals, but as a kid I disliked anything tomato based, all condiments and dressings, most vegetables (aside from broccoli and corn), and HATED beans and peas. Pasta with butter and cheese is an amazing comfort food, and that’s how I usually eat any leftovers.

13 Likes

Oh I eat plenty of buttered pasta, it’s just not spaghetti shaped. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

OH MY GOD DYING

@TrisPrior please tell me you saw this one

2 Likes

…I have many questions

10 Likes

I would expect the answer is “toddlers”.

I HOPE the answer is “toddlers”. Or seat for pets, also notorious for needing to observe when a human is toileting.

4 Likes

I wish we had space for one of these. Small boy does indeed need an emotional support person for poops poor lad. Bum gets numb sitting on the side of the bath.

Our bum, not his. No pooping in the bath.

6 Likes

Definitely still within my mental realm of “toddlers”.

… Just realised my eldest isnt a toddler. By some years. I think I’ll optn to forget that again…

6 Likes

We had one of these in the bathroom at my old job. It was meant as somewhere to put your bag/folders…etc down. Apparently the process to get a hook or shelf installed was so convoluted, the decision was made to steal a chair from the lobby.

6 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

19 Likes

The number 867 was said at our department meeting last week, a co worker filled in the rest…

Half the staff had an earworm for the rest of the day

The other half was confused.

11 Likes

8 Likes