Funny Thing You Saw Today

This reminds me of the old treasurer for a board I was on, who showed me his process for saving pdfs of our board’s bank statements when I took over for him. He would open the statement on the bank’s website, print it out, and then scan it back into the computer to upload it into the folder where he saved copies of the statements. There were months where our only expense was buying ink and paper for his printer :woman_facepalming:

13 Likes

OMG… that poet I think I’m still doing work for? (She’s supposed to tell me the order of the 400+ sonnets so that I can collate them into a Word doc for publication. I sent her a randomized list in September and it’s been silence since then.)

She had a Chromebook and had hundreds of “Untitled Doc” files. And her backup system was taking a photo of the poem on her phone. So when she couldn’t find the original file (which as you can imagine was often), she would retype it from her phone to create a duplicate and then edit that one :roll_eyes: At least I showed her how to title her files and she’s been good about doing that.

13 Likes

11 Likes

15 Likes

People are delightful sometimes

19 Likes

20 Likes

13 Likes

18 Likes

I spend more time than is probably healthy wishing that Stephen King lives to be at least 150. I seriously think about it probably once a week.

9 Likes

20 Likes

18 Likes

Amazing crop of memes yes a+ harvest

7 Likes

19 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

I cackled

1 Like

10 Likes

TIL: Godzilla is bigger than an AT-AT

4 Likes

An AT-AT is only about 75 feet tall. Godzilla has been canonically about double that height since his inception and has only gotten bigger in ensuing movies. The Godzilla shown in the picture looks more like the Monster verse design of the American films and I think he was around 400 feet in the Godzilla versus Kong movie that came out last year.

Tl;Dr: that infographic is wildly understating Godzilla’s height.

7 Likes

12 Likes