FUN 2019

Whichever word, I think you’re doing it right. :wink:

2 Likes

Portland knows how to do karaoke. Monster Mash, Lizzo, an unexpectedly great Sinatra. One guy did Billie Eilish with customized lyrics and a freaky dance.

6 Likes

I haven’t been able to source outdoor fabric in my colours yet or move my teal pots to this side of the house, so it’s a work in progress… These are little kid chairs :wink:

5 Likes

This looks so cozy and I would very much like to have a baby play date with you here.

I’ve been getting a LOT more proactive about planning really fun things, even though I end up having to cancel a lot, and it’s been great! I went to a baking meetup and the Chinatown Night Market and on the docket I have a free classical concert at the Curtis Music Institute, a free lecture on the history of cemetery architecture, and a bunch of other fun things!

7 Likes

That sounds delightful and I wish I could hang out with you! I want someone to go to lectures on cemetery architecture with me o.o

3 Likes

pretty plz take me along tooooooo

2 Likes

Shuffleboard, dancing all night, and hot tub skinny dipping.

7 Likes

Just got back from 5 days on Anna Maria Island with my sorority sisters, friends for more than 40 years.

6 Likes

I’m going to try growing some native plants that require me to burn leaves on top of the soil so they germinate. BURN. Oh my gosh I’m really excited about this.

6 Likes

I’m going to a seance of equipe therapy with LittleGeek on Monday afternoon. I also took the day off to sleep in the morning while the kids are at school.
@daffodil2001 it’s great you’re volunteering at such place. I didn’t know about equine therapy until recently. His special ed teacher and one of the psychologists at the association taking care of him want to introduce us to it. I’m looking forward to working with horses and seeing how he’s gonna interact with them.

5 Likes

I also used to volunteer (for a couple of years) for an equine therapy program! It was so rewarding seeing the regulars increase their confidence and skills. Hope it’s a good fit for LittleGeek!

1 Like

Daughter showed me a funny website tonight. It makes me laugh every time. Try it out! https://pointerpointer.com/

4 Likes

I went to a corn maze. A big one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Boyfriend got us tickets to see a Q and A with Kevin Smith tonight. OMG, there is going to be SO much profanity and it is going to be SO foul and I am going to laugh so hard.

1 Like

Thanks @Panda. It went really well yesterday. I’m so proud of LG. He mounted like a pro and he has what we call i french a good ‘assiette’ (good position, in harmony with the horse). The next time, he’ll go alone and I’m a little apprehensive but it’ll help him be confident and get used to pets and animals. He’s affraid of dogs and he alreay did well considering there were dogs everywhere.

6 Likes

I’m glad the session went well!

I actually haven’t been able to volunteer again with the equine therapy program because they only need people right now during the day on weekdays, which is when I work :sob: I’m hoping to be able to volunteer the next time they have a special event, and possibly in the new year if they have schedule changes.

2 Likes

Go LG!! What a wonderful update. Here’s hoping the following sessions continue to go very well.

1 Like