Forgive me for I have spent

Its been a while since I started a frivolous thread so here goes. This is a safe place to confess your purchases and seek satirical forgiveness. I’ve always been fascinated by the whole Catholic confession process. Guilt around spending is real for me. However I don’t in anyway mean to imply spending is a sin.
But come, seek forgiveness.

16 Likes

I want to spend just so that fluffer can forgive me when i confess.

THAT FACE

12 Likes

I gave up and bought new pruning shears, since I can’t get my act together to try and file the rust off the old ones that got left out over winter. #lazyspending

7 Likes

I love this thread already.

9 Likes

I actually bought 3 things to wear to a “wedding” that is actually just signing a piece of paper in a park.

Do I need to spend this money on clothes when I already have a fantastic wardrobe? Definitely not.

Do I have 100% certainty I will resell them later and recoup the costs? Also no.

12 Likes

We’re out of booze (that we want to drink; I don’t have anything to mix amaretto with and it’s too cold for margaritas, also no mix or fruit juice with which to make them). I ordered booze delivery which was $50 for a bottle of Bacardi and 2 low-end bottles of wine, tax, delivery fee, and hazard-pay tip. That is obscene.

I do have another, cheaper wine procurement solution in the works… but that doesn’t help me for this weekend.

7 Likes

Forgive me for I have spent 30$ on buying and shipping a friend’s 4 meters of bright orange rayon fabric that I have no plan for but it’s bright orange.

11 Likes

@anomalily @TrisPrior @Oro @Bracken_Joy

You are forgiven.

11 Likes

Do I have to say any Our Fathers or Hail Mary’s?

6 Likes

I wouldn’t think so. I was nominally raised Uniting Church (which might be an Australian specific thing merging Methodists and Presbyterian?) so honestly only have knowledge of Catholicism from Sister Act.

You could sing some songs from Sister Act?

10 Likes

5 nose boops and go and sin no more?

9 Likes

We bought a new fridge to replace our perfectly fine 4 year old fridge that is a tad small. We bought far more fridge than we’ll ever need with all the features.

8 Likes

I’ve spent over $100 on puzzles in two weeks. I will be buying more.

12 Likes

Nothing puzzling about that decision. Money well spent. You are forgiven.

10 Likes

Do I have to sin to be ordered to boop the nose? I wanna boop the nose.

I’m also realizing I haven’t bought anything genuinely frivolous, besides like… delivery food… in months. I got myself a candle in December???

6 Likes

Ask and thy shall receive.

7 Likes

I’m trying to work out whether this thread (where all guilt is absolved for purchases), or the Objects of Desire thread (where all purchases are encouraged) is more ridiculous. I guess they’re linked.

9 Likes

I mean, there had to be a begetting somewhere in this strange religion you’ve created :wink:

Eta: I also clearly need to go sin so that I earn my absolving. Shall look over my purchase desires in the other thread.

4 Likes

I am so happy this thread is here

1 Like

I’m just disappointed it isn’t “forgive me Pawfur, for I have spent”

4 Likes