Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Today’s work bouquet

7 Likes

big zinnias! @Ferngully the light gold one came from the seeds you sent me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

10 Likes

That vase reminds me of my childhood. I love it!

4 Likes

I have a problem in that I want all of the cute vases.

4 Likes

Here is Thunbergia, a vine, growing like crazy. Its little happy face flowers are so cute.

It has been decades since I grew it, but it is growing exactly like I remember: sluggish in June/July, takes off in late summer.

9 Likes

mine just took off, too, comparatively. but i don’t think i have enough sun for it on my north-facing ridge, so i just have a few flowers.

yours look great! i would to have a giant one with white flowers. they look so cool — almost like a flat black/white silkscreen.

2 Likes

I always referred to Thunbergia as “cartoon flower” because they look just like how I draw flowers.

ETA: and in other alternate naming, pasque flower is called muppet flower at my house, because have you seen it in early spring?

8 Likes

They’re all gorgeous!

2 Likes

So I planted Floret Dahlia seeds which we know can come up as any color. OMG the first plant to bloom is just about the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. :rofl: I will give the tuber to a coworker who likes it. Fingers crossed the others are prettier to me.

And bonus earwig in the picture because the assholes just won’t go away this year.

7 Likes

omg I love it - I like warmer colors like that, and the form is pure chaos, which I also enjoy :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s like a circus tent! LOL. I would probably like it if it was just one color. The crazy shape is cool.

3 Likes

I like it/don’t like it. Not sure.

It’s a fun one if you have a lot of dahlias that are conventionally pretty so this one can add spice.

1 Like

I have plenty of pretty ones. I would never choose this color. Good thing others like it and I can give it away.

I love the chaos of this flower!

1 Like

i think it is cool, even if it’s not pretty. but it’s giving ketchup and mustard, and i also would not replant the tuber :laughing:

i got one that was similar but it was dark pink instead of dark red and that made all the difference!

3 Likes

yes I think it’s hilarious and reminds me of a Dr. Seuss tree

3 Likes

Eden Brothers has a 25% off sale for the next couple of days if anyone wants anything.

1 Like

9 Likes

Lovely!

2 Likes