Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Is it time? I have a bunch of things (too many for my availabie space) picked out, but haven’t ordered. I need to make decisions.

1 Like

sure you can order them any time! i was waiting for floret flowers to have their seed sale and that happened today, so i got a few packs from them, some from johnny’s, and some from renee’s garden. i’m especially excited about this mix from renee’s – it’ll be nice to help me get some more varieties in without too much fuss.

i definitely ordered too many seeds for my garden size though, ah well.

1 Like

@madgeylou would it be ok if I DM you about flowers so not to bore everyone else here?

2 Likes

I’m baffled why you would think we’d be bored by flower talk on a flower thread. :thinking: I’ve really enjoyed hearing about people’s cut flower gardens! I can’t even get a cosmos to sprout but it makes me want to try again when I get my greenhouse set up.

6 Likes

Ha. It was just boring stuff about how to start seeds but I can post it! :rofl:

3 Likes

Gardening thread, for the rest of us who’s like more information on starting flower seeds?

4 Likes

I forgot about that one!

2 Likes

happy to dm or chat here or in the garden thread :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

I just looked up Gomphrena. :heart: The list is getting long!

2 Likes

Just saw this… :heart:. Seeds are cheap, it’s space that’s the problem when I want like 20 different things.

Do seeds keep for a few years or do they expire/need to be planted this year?

1 Like

In my experience seeds will keep for quite a few years as long as they don’t get wet or too warm. As the years go on the germination rate will drop off though.

2 Likes

I just looked at their site and most stuff seems to be sold out, but holy moly is it gorgeous!

1 Like

Spring doesn’t officially start till March 20. Things got started early around here. On the down side, tomorrow’s high is 86f/30c.

5 Likes

The first of my daffodils opened today

8 Likes

My tulips are popping up! I saw them when I was cleaning up branches on Wednesday.

12 Likes

Bee on a blueberry flower.

10 Likes

Wow. Our blueberries are thinking about maybe swelling at the tips of the twigs.

1 Like

11 Likes

12 Likes

I wish I could upload the smell too. Confederate jasmine.

11 Likes