Do your PT!

Ok. I’m stretching as soon as I’ve got this baby in her cot. Posting here for accountability.

3 Likes

@LadyDuck, did you stretch?

2 Likes

I did PT exercises yesterday and different ones today. I’m packing my PT bands, etc. to take with me next week when I go to visit friends (yay, all vaccinated!). I’ve seen some nice progress during this month even though I was inconsistent for a week or so. Am going to keep plugging along next month.

Thanks to everyone who participated along the way! I know that PT is not fun, so it’s been nice to see others joining in the struggle.

4 Likes

I did. And I’m about to do it again this morning. Gotta develop the habit.

Yay for you seeing progress!

2 Likes

So I’m slacking and also there’s a really painful spot in my right hamstring that started when I drove 3 hours sitting on my wallet and now hurts when I’m driving or sitting in my office chair. Anyone know why or what to do about it?

I need to make new PT appointments now my new insurance kicked in but I’m dragging my feet.

4 Likes

When I have a mystery tightness/ache like that, I usually try very gentle motion like walking or cycling (if it can be done without pain), avoiding that particular stance (so minimal driving/sitting in your case, or for me no more dining table laptopping), and self-massage with a lacrosse or tennis ball. It either resolves itself in 2-3 days, or I try to get help if it’s been more than a week.

4 Likes

Feels like I’ve been playing whack-a-mole with PT for the past few weeks. I’ll do my exercises/appointments which helps the problem area, but then new problems crop up… and then I avoid doing my PT altogether.

I’ve been working on strengthening my right arch, which is going well. But not weirdly the exterior of my right ankle has a recurring pain that feels like a muscle strain?

Maybe what I need to do is modify exercises to rest that part of my ankle, but carry on with the rest. Yes. No chickening out of the whole thing if part of it can’t be done. And I’ll bring this up at my next appointment, next Wednesday.

3 Likes

Weirdly sitting at my dining room table hurt a lot less than sitting at my relatively ergonomic chair at an actual desk in my office.

I did some foam rolling and stretching. I need to drive ~3 hours on Sunday but I’m going to try to force Mr Darling to do the vast majority of that.

3 Likes

I was up to 40 squats without any pain, and then last Saturday my knee went wonky again for no reason I could tell, and now today I could only do 5. But I’m being better about icing than I had been.

Icing is much easier when it’s warmer.

5 Likes